Looking for more detail in a speaker

Kind of a long first post but needed the space to set up my situation. 
I decided to do something about my speaker situation after demoing a pair of B&W 805d’s. One of the tracks played was Sympathy for the Devil. At the beginning of the song, a percussion instrument, either a guiro or cabasa, just popped out at me on the left speaker. I’ve heard that song a million times but never noticed that percussion instrument coming at me like that. I came home and played the track through my system, through my streamer and turntable. My speakers are Golden Ear Triton One’s. That same presentation just isn’t there like with those 805’s.
The GET1’s are certainly decent speakers; are they not designed for this type of detailed presentation? Is it my room? My listening room is a odd shaped man attic with a 3.5’ wall on one side with an 8’ wall on the other side peaking a 9’ in the middle. My listening position is about 17’ from the speakers.  I’m sure the room is acoustically challenged. Also, I have a long speaker wire run, like 40’. Does that contribute to the lack of detail? I figured out a way to trim about 15’ of speaker wire length from each run and plan to do that ASAP. I’m using AudioQuest construction rated wire. I believe they’re 14 gauge.
So, why not buy the 805’s? I’ve thought seriously about them but concerned they’ll be kind of small for my room. Seems like I need floor standers. I’d like to keep any replacement speakers at $4k. I have an opportunity to pick up a pair of Dynaudio S5.4s for $4k but haven’t made a move in them yet. 
Any suggestions on a speaker selection or adjustments to my room or speaker wire are appreciated. To sum it up, I’m looking for more instrument detail with good sound staging either by making tweaks to my current set up or getting another flavor of speakers. Thx. 
Ag insider logo xs@2xbfoura
I was thinking Maggies as well.  They are very directional and you have to sit with your head in a vice but they over loads of detail.  
I’m not a fan of Martin Logans...
@bobinwi I’ll get some solid advice on room acoustics when my friend comes over to set up my TT. I was at Best Buy Magnolia recently and the rep said they offer a no cost estimate on room treatment service. They need to come to the house and do an assessment for the estimate. I’m giving that some thought now. Anybody use Magnolia for that service? 
Sgordon
De ionize your room and lift the cables of the floor? Seriously? Oh and make sure the moon is full too (eye roll)
The Gryphon Diablo 300 is also contributing.
See if you can take a pair home to demo.
I have the 805's using a Krell KSA 200s. I switched over from my ARC DS 450 and the sound Came alive.
Surprised it hasn’t been mentioned here, but cleanliness of power is key to detail retrieval in my experience.  Good conditioners, fuses, cords, outlets, and various noise reducing tweaks might be what you should focus on.  Everything matters.