Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Finished 4 sides of the Joni. This was done before her first studio record. One thing I find cool is her confidence/poise in her interaction with the audience. Also, her voice sounds SO young in that interaction yet so mature when she sings.

The 3rd lp on now.
@slaw  I’m waiting for your op/review with baited breath. 

@tomic601 & @beske (Brian, AG won’t let me @ your handle).  My VMP Dead Anthology arrived this morning.  It’s a really nicely done package at every level.  But so, I listened to the aforementioned associated podcast and I’m completely nonplussed by that 24 year old.  
And generally, I’ve decided that this endless discussing and promoting of everything to do with records and stereos that I expose myself to has, although informative particularly with respect to new music and music discovery, been a net detriment to my enjoyment of music and I just have to cut back on the YouTube, and the podcasts, and the blogs and the email and the web stuff.  I mean, I know what I like.  Need to trust my own perspectives and just enjoy the music.  
It’s great if some millennials catch on to the music I like but I have to admit that I really can’t stand to listen to them talk about it.  
So, my reaction to the young is different I think.  I think I’m glad for the reminder of my age.  And I don’t envy the young.  If music stands as symbol of a culture, the world they inhabit seems sad and thin in comparison to depth and richness of the culture in our time.  

James , I mentioned the 24 y/o not out of awe but mostly just to poke Brian :-) I would rather listen to the Dead than talk about the Dead !!!
Well @spiritofradio, I wanted to make those earlier points on the Joni set in case I failed to do so later. 

I mentioned that the vinyl looked flawless and it does but it's not perfectly flat. This won't affect any cartridge from following the grooves though.

She was battling bronchitis at this time and during one of her song intros, she asked for a bottle of water....or a Coke, then you here a guitar string break. She calmly asked to have someone fix the guitar then went on to sing the next song acapella. I heard her voice affected by the bronchitis on just one song, "Little Green".

I had some doubts about this set but they fell away as I listened to it. It isn't studio SQ but it envelopes you and has the ability to make you a bigger fan or a new fan. Highly recommended!