Klipsch Heresy iv...Your experience.

Hi all. New here this is my first post. I am mulling over very seriously the Heresy iv's. I have heard some very good things about them. I would like to get the advice on any of you here who own them as to what the listener experience is with these speakers. I really want to pull the trigger on these speakers but here in Canada with taxes in they are close to 5K. I want them to be my last set ever. Right now I have a set of Proac Studio 118s. They are real nice But the Klipsch are calling me bad. Lol. I have a Rega Apollo cd player and a Nad M3 amp along with Van Den Hul inter connects and speaker cables. I have heard that the Heresy's real make the music come to life with a terrific impact. Any input from Heresy iv owners would be greatly appreciated.
deaconblue64
Great speaker. Up on stands with two or more subwoofers and you have a very serious system. Very close to SOTA for point source. Wilson, YG and Magico included!
I prefer Heresy speakers on the floor as designed, with Vibrapods and a matching fuzzy bottomed pad thing under the pods so I can move 'em easily. Imaging is astonishing with these things, and according to what I've read it's gonna take up to 500 hours to break them in. They do work well with my subs, which, of course, had to be adjusted for the extra 10 or so hz the IVs descend to.
@wolf_garcia Would you mind sharing your settings for your sub with the Heresy IV?

I'm using an SVS SB-3000 with my Heresy IV.  Low pass at 60hz with a slope of 24dB as recommended by SVS.  

Thanks
2 dissimilar REL subs (Q108MK2, Q150e) both around 45 to 50 hz, which matches well with the Heresy IVs.
Wolf, the Heresy IV's woofer goes all the way up to 850 Hz. Middle C is 256 Hz to put that into perspective. So the woofer is carrying a very substantial part of the midrange. The woofer is also not a long excursion driver and even ported it only makes it down to 48 Hz. You probably like it on the floor better because it does improve the bass. They tilt it back to aim the speakers at about where your ears are supposed to be in a way mimicking putting them on stands. My point is getting the crossover up to 80-100 Hz will substantially clean up the midrange and add a lot of head room to the speaker as the woofer is it's weakest link. But you have to use a 2 way crossover to do this. Then you can also block the port which will tighten up everything further. You already have the subs and crossovers can be had inexpensively. Digital are the best if your preamp has digital outputs.