1st Post Intro & Ramblings

Hi all, I have been a member for about 10 years and never posted anything although I do read a lot. Figured at some point I would, 10+ years later......

Profession, Audio Visual Tech 22 years. I mostly work in house corporate, conventions and trade shows. Spent some time building clubs, worked a few concerts and home audio has been more of a hobby for a very long time and I have designed and built a few very high end setups years ago. I always hated working professionally on home audio, the customers and sales people are either to cheap or knee deep in marketing and cannot take advice from professionals. My experience has led me to be more aware of the budget, a vast majority cannot spend $10-20k on a stereo and yet some of us spend that on a just 1 component. 
I think that will suffice as an introduction, next I will post some of what I have learned along the way. Keep in mind, most of my recommendations come with a budget mindset instead of $$$ all out performance $$$.
kreapin
You have not provided the basics as you have not addressed listener placement for avoidance of bass nodes. I am not going to cover that as there are many resources that do. 

For a basis start:

https://realtraps.com/art_room-setup.htm

But to my point, you have to think about more that just rules, i.e. boundary effects can dominate:

http://arqen.com/acoustics-101/speaker-placement-boundary-interference/

Of course GIK acknowledges that preferences and room sizes, etc. come into play:

https://www.gikacoustics.com/room-setup-speaker-placement-201-part-one/

This is an audiophile community, most are looking to get well beyond the basics.

I am yet to figure out who helped who, but would like to mention that I actually like mono. Not that it is end of it all, just that it is enjoyable to me, too.
I’m glad to see you can read but apparently it escapes you. Start with post 1. 
I still say, you have not heard a properly tuned stereo or did that escape also?
Dude you have shown you are Bestbuy installer level with your info.  You patted yourself on the back 10 times for parroting other info available in a 1000 places on the web and left out wickedly critical parts and probably don't even know the basis for most of it. Give it a rest.  No one is calling you when their studio does not sound right.
Ok, I know nothing. In the last 20 plus years, in and out of people’s homes either working or buying something. If I see a quality setup I will try and get a chance to listen. If I am working and need to move there equipment, we tape around the location of the equipment and take pictures and measurements. What do I have? Equilateral triangle. I sit in the sweet spot and hear everything you said stereo cannot do. My bestbuy knowledge is still equal to what the manufacture of the product said. I also said in post 1, many of the homes I have been to are members here. It surprises me how many systems are no where near correct, that is why I started with a basic, blue collar mindset. But you have given nothing but noise. Is there a science behind it? No explanation of that question will be in this thread because of what I said 3 sentences ago. Conventional wisdom vs you? I’m sorry but what you are talking about goes way beyond what was going on in here, but jumping in a thread and trying to sound like you are they mit engineer.