Step me up from Paradigm Studio 20 v4 bookshelf, seriously.

I have been around here for a few years. Enjoying the game about once or twice a week. Yes I am hooked. Kind of sort of laid back on forums. Bought and sold a sizeable amount of equipment with one-hundred percent feedback. Probably a mid-fi guy. Best pair of speakers I have owned to me are Paradigms, namely Studio 60 v4 and current Studio 20 v4. Can anyone take me beyond these? Yes, a bit temperamental they are. Have never stepped up to, I guess Hi Fi speakers? Have tried Spendor 8se (too polite?), Paradigm Monitor 7 (not as good as Studio versions), Elac dbr62 (close to Paradigms but not as refined), Totem Rainmaker (maybe too small, not sure been a while back), Monitor Audio Silver 2 (kind of like Paradigms). Hooked on my Paradigm Studio 20 so far. Current system = Mid-Fi integrated (?) Rotel RA-1572, Bluesound Node 2i, Marantz SA-8004, Mhdt Orchid DAC (seriously love it), fair amount of decent cables. Like pop/rock music mainly. Integrated amps I have used: Rotel Rx-1052, Sim 340i DPX, Rotel RA-1572 (current), Musical Fidelity A3.5, NAD C368, Arcam.

Mostly into monitors/bookshelf due to room size, maybe front ported. Thinking of maybe some Spendor A1, Harbeth P3SR (or other models), Reference De Capo, Fritz?, Pro Ac?, B & W? No room treatments in my 14 by 18 room, as is fairly inert acoustically. I am an older retired audiophile (55-70). A bit of tinnitus, so nothing too bright. On Audiogon daily. Looking for some input/ideas. Lateral moves probable?

Any serious input welcome (maybe a bit of non-serious just for fun!). Love this hobby.

Thanks,

Jim

jbmac75
This is sort of like saying I would like to buy a new car. It has to be blue ....

The most distinctive things about Paradigm has usually been pretty flat response, good off axis, and they play pretty loud undistorted. and pretty good value for the money.

- Do you like your music loud?
- What do you listen to?

Odds of not being able to improve the acoustics in your room are pretty much nil, so don't discount that though it sounds more like you are looking more for retail therapy than perhaps the best sound.

Totems you will probably need a sub if you like what you have. Monitor Audio Gold models are well within your price range used, even the bottom of the Paradigm Persona range if you like the sound.  After that it is pretty much a dart board, apples and oranges, one man's trash another's treasure.
Used Joseph Audio Pulsars (original version) would be a significant improvement across the board.  New LSA-10 Statement is on sale here for $2500 and has a 30-day, in-home trial that would tell you everything you need to know — read the reviews.  Best of luck. 
I’ve had a ton of Paradigms.  Probably more than anyone else around here. I liked how loud they would play and loved their looks (still do) but I thought they were all a little bright.  If you don’t think your studios are bright, a soft dome tweeter may sound too relaxed for you.

I’m a big fan of Beryllium tweeters.  I had a pair of Paradigm S2 V3’s and loved them.  If you could find a pair of S2 V3’s, buy them.

I currently have a pair of Fritz Carrera BE’s and love them.  Fritz speakers are just fantastic!

So, I’d look into Fritz, Salk, Ryan, Reference 3a.