Are there any bookshelf speakers that sound good on a bookshelf?

Due to aesthetic considerations I am pretty much confined to using bookshelf speakers.   I have a REL t5 subwoofer that fills out the base nicely in a 12 x 16 room but want a true bookshelf speaker that can sit on a bookshelf that images well, has a sweet midrange and creates a large soundstage.   I’ve previously been using  Klipsch Heresy III as my “bookshelf” speakers and have a pair of B&W 805 D3’s on their way for a listen.  Budget is up to about $8k.  
What have you heard that might be worth a deeper dive that fills this description?
pscar
I overhauled my office last year, created a perfect triangle with bookcases opposite my desk, my chair/monitor dead center, primarily streaming Pandora music or YouTube video from PC.

bought a pair of bookcase speakers (no ports, shallow depth) to mix with my existing Velodyne Sub. I am extremely happy, added a TT and R2R in the system.

After research I decided to limit my search to models with 6-1/2" drivers, a bit more directional bass, then let the sub blend in.

I ordered two pairs, 1 for my shop, another 'better' for my office. I ended up using them opposite to that.

eBay, vintage B&W DM100i, horizontal on shelves ear level. (they say 6" piston size)

file:///G:/19%20docs%202019/EBN%202019/audio%202019/Bowers%20&%20Wilkins/DM100i%20InfoSheet%20(1).pdf

A crossover in the sub removes the low bass frequencies makes it easier for both the amp and the bookcase speakers to do a great job. The speakers will not be in a self-made cloud of bass blob.

Kinda rare but Guru QM 10-2 plays well on a bookshelf or up against a wall or corner. Very musical big sound. 
Thanks for all the thoughts.  I was unaware of the Wilson Audio Tune tots (thank you rego)!   I auditioned them today and was really impressed.  Going to listen again and then maybe see if I can do an in Home trial.   
Only in Audiogon can you get this sort of feedback!
I chose the Totem fire as bookshelf speaker....with need for a speaker that was genuinely 'bookshelf'.
I chose the Totem over the B&W 805d3 and Kef reference 1, in which respect the CNET 'review' of the Kef reference 1 'strikes a chord'
ie "the 805D3 is a higher resolution, more transparent design".
I found the Kef muddy....there is no other word for it....and the Totem narrowly more resolving but with deeper bass than the B&W 805D3.
To re-iterate, the Totem midrange resolution exceeded that of the B&W.
'The 'continuum' cone B&W midrange is, as another dealer offered, compromised by attempts to employ it as a woofer.
I hope these impressions are of use to others.  I was fortunate to have the opportunity to hear all 3 loudspeakers in the same system and room.