New system, large room, low listening level

My first post, and not for me; for my adult daughter. She wants/needs a 2 channel music system. She lives in the UK in a restored Georgian townhouse which was converted and restored into flats 15 years ago.  Very posh. She is on what we would call the 2nd floor, which in the day was probably the main floor of the entire townhouse.  15' ceilings!  Her main living space is 20' x 30', functionally divided into sitting area, kitchen, small dining space and small office.  It is totally an open floor plan.  Curtains on 3 tall windows on the long wall.

The listening position would be about 12' from the speakers which would located along, and close to, the short wall.  Aesthetically, she would prefer floor standing.  For electronics, no more than 2 boxes, maybe zero or one.

Listens entirely to music from the internet: Qobuz, Spotify, radio (Classic FM), etc.

She listens at relatively low levels, perhaps 75 db max.  Musical taste are classical, light jazz.

Would prefer British brands, or at least brands readily available in the UK.

Suggestions, please.

Thanks in advance, Larry

clio
I like the replies so far. If lower budget, self powered speakers plus a streamer makes sense. Bluesound makes streamers and speakers.
"Loudness' EQ (should have been named 'Low Volume Bass Boost') is important for low volume listening.

i.e. Maintaining Jazz Bass Player in low volume listening preserves Involvement. If bass not maintained, becomes background music, no real involvement.

Fletcher Munson documented ear's sensitivity variations as volume drops,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal-loudness_contour

resulting primarily in a need to progressively boost bass as volume reduces.

'Loudness' circuits, (some manual, some automatic) were standard optional features 'in the day'.  My vintage McIntosh Tube Tuner/Preamp has separate optional Loudness filter. All my Vintage Preamps/Receivers had variations of 'Loudness'.

Many used it wrong, gave it a bad name, minimal 'pure' signal paths ... it has disappeared unfortunately IMO.

IF not properly set up, the progressive bass boost starts too soon, too much bass, and remains too much bass. When properly engaged, it definitely makes a beneficial difference.

This Chase Remote Line Controller, RLC-1 has automatic built in bass boost, progressively as you lower the volume. Like vintage equipment, many set it up poorly, and the bass boost begins too soon.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chase-Technologies-RLC-1-Remote-Line-Controller-RLC1-Upgrade-Any-Stereo-NOS...

You start/leave it at it's default volume; adjust your preamp/integrated amp's volume for 'normal'. No bass boost. Then, use Chase unit for increased volume, no bass boost. reduce volume, no bass boost until you lower below 'normal', when it then automatically/progressively/properly boosts bass, maintaining involvement.

Remote Balance.

I Presume if/when much listening is done at low volume, sitting in dedicated spot, focusing on imaging is not frequent.

Therefore, balance adjustment might/can improve whatever is reaching wherever you are sitting.

I use the Chase primarily for it's remote volume, and use it's remote balance from dedicated listening to make surprisingly large imaging improvements with small balance adjustments.
I bought my daughter A JBL charge 4. $150. [and small enough to move from room to room. She doesn't want a stereo messing up her living area.