Amp or DAC?

I’ve wondered about this for a while and was hoping for some opinions: 

Let’s say I compare the same company’s 75w into 8 amp and their 150w into 8 amp. Will I notice a difference in sound quality? If so, why?

If there is a difference between the 75w and 150w per channel amp can I narrow the gap or even exceed the 150w amp by using a better DAC?

Also, has anyone noticed that a lower watt amp has less distortion than a higher powered one, so throwing my understanding that the same manufacturer’s higher powered amp should be superior to it’s lower powered one out the window?
cd45123
@djones51 it was a Purifi compared to a Hegel H90. Great clarity/quickness with the Purifi, but didn’t notice any more ‘control’ of the woofers from one vs the other. 
Have you compared an AHB2 with your class D amps? 
No never had the Benchmark amp. Not sure what you mean by control of the woofers, what speakers.
I tested them against two bookshelf’s - LS50 and Unifi UB5, since these are supposed to be somewhat ‘hard to drive’

I just meant bass response 
cd45123, I had class D amp and currently have AHB2.  Both have excellent bass control but AHB2 has a little bit better extension.  I cannot explain it, since on paper it is only few Hz difference (5Hz vs 0.1Hz), but it is audible (same source, speakers, room).

From the point of membrane damping output impedance of the amp has very little effect on it and anything above DF=15 should be fine. 

AHB2 - is a wonderful amp - dynamic and clean, but don't expect "warm" sound.  It was designed to be accurate.

Excellent bass response down to about 35hz slight roll off to 24hz then it drops off. My active speakers use Pascal Class D amps. The Benchmark is very hard to beat in clean accurate amplification if I ever go back to passive speakers it's the first one I'd look at but I don't see me ever going back but never say never.