Is the EMM DAC6e or DCC2 /CDSD the best out there?

Is this the best digital front end ever?

What about

Reiymo CDP 777?
dCS gear?
Audio Aero Prestige?

Any other contenders?
iujona
Mike, I have no problem believing that your SODA may often appear to exceed the performance of the EMM. Unfortunately your generalization from this statement that analog is inherently superior to digital is invalid.
Similarly, if you had said that your EMM were better than your SODA, and thus concluded that digital were inherently superior to analog, that to would constitute an invalid induction. I am afraid that the entire broad argument of analog/vs digital superiority or viceversa is inherently specious and I am quite sure even old Ludwig Wittgenstein would find it problematic on purely logical or epistemological grounds.
Guido;

"I am quite sure even old Ludwig Wittgenstein would find it problematic on purely logical or epistemological grounds."

if you're going to kick my ass please speak English.

:^)

but seriously......my comments about my SODA (i assume you mean SOTA--state of the art) vinyl setup performance being musically superior to digital is my perspective......my opinion......my feelings.

to be more specific; the emmlabs represents an acknowledged reference of the best digital performance. not to say there are not others; but for sure the emmlabs is in that very top level of digital performance.

if then, my vinyl setup consistently delivers a more satisfying musical performance then it is completely valid for me to say that. yes, i am specifically saying that at the very top of both formats vinyl is superior in reproducing music according to my and 100% of many others musical judgements visiting my room (25-30 listeners) in the recent months.

if we are judgeing the performance potential of two formats; and at least one setup represents the best of that format; and the other format is judged consistently better......then it is valid logically to say that one format is musically better. that is not the whole story; but it is not invalid.

now, this is only a subjective opinion shared by myself and other visitors to my room. and for sure; YMMV. certainly, there may be some/many that may not reach the same conclusion......which wouldn't invalidate their perspectives.

to call my perspective 'invalid' is quite pompous and unsupportable. this is not science but art which we are judging; which calls for subjective opinions; not scientific method.

have a nice day.
Guidocorona, I looked here:

Epistemological stereo

I see his opinions about life, religion and such, but cannot find a listing of his stereo system. Do you really believe this guy is a better expert on sound than Mike Lavigne?

He died in 1951, so I have my suspicions, Mike still listens, every day.
Yea, but Ludwig was using an old Garrard player in 1951 and you kept evolving until you reached the air bearing, linear track status for playback of your analog.

As memory serves, Ludwig was gone, long before (long gone?) the first Sony CD player ever hit the shelves.

Besides, I have it on good authority he did not cotton to the "Cool" Jazz movement, so I don't trust him.