Amp repair cost — is this right?

I recently sent my Musical Fidelity a308cr power amp off to be recapped. This amp is somewhere around 16-18 years old and one of the power caps failed. I contacted Musical Fidelity and sent it to a repair shop they recommended. Today I received an estimate to replace 18 caps, 8 of which are large power caps, resolder the boards, and re-bias the transistors. Basically a full overhaul. The quote I received, including return shipping (prob around $100) Is over $1,300 which possibly exceeds the value of the amp. That doesn’t include the $115 it cost me to ship it out. Having never had an overhaul done on a power amp like this, I’m wondering if anyone with experience can tell me if this sounds right. I guess I was expecting something more like $600-$800 but I don’t know why since I really don’t have a frame of reference. Perhaps it was the assumption it might be 4 hours labor (say $400) plus max $200 for caps. Is $1,300+ on track? Either way I’m going to be out the shipping cost plus a $160 fee paid for the estimate.
jnehma1
@ atmasphere (Ralph) you say the replacement cost for the large multiple filter caps is 800 to 1200.00. Then teo_audio says 15.00 max cost per cap. Also roberjerman says these caps are quite inexpensive. Are you all referring to the ’same’ capacitors? Such a vast cost spectrum being cited. Ralph you build and repair audio electronics and would know. Just curious as to the wide variance of price.
Charles
Ralph uses  far more expensive capacitors in his gear. Inescapably so.

Much higher voltages, much lower manufacturing levels of those capacitors, thus per unit costs are much higher for a plethora of reasons., so his costs are a totally different beast.

And I'll get no deeper into it than that - not my purview.
When I pulled out the bad cap I googled for a matching replacement based on the same specs printed on the side and the measurements I took using a caliper. There were around 10 brands available and costs varied from $5 to $20 per cap. That's for the eight 10k microfarad filter capacitors. Then there about ten more little baby caps in there which I didn't check but assumed wouldn't be $20 each.
@ Noromance. I've faced similar ridiculous quotes. In Canada we call them hosers- they'll hose you for whatever they can get :)  Always get 3 estimates, and I talk the issue before having anyone come by for an actual quote. If a tradesman/contractor can't discuss the reno, without any requirement to be precise, then I don't go further and won't call them again.
@oldheavymec. B--s. You misspeak and criticize w/o knowledge :(   silly