If you could, what live performances would you enjoy re-living?

I have interest in hearing about yours.   I can think of some great concerts over the years in many great buildings, from Hancher in Iowa City, to Fisher Hall in New York, to some bars in Copenhagen. 

Something I have noticed....performers have times they are more "on" just like us, and it can make their concerts be perceived at different levels.   I know the three times I saw Jackson Browne, each was much different and most of that was his intent.  Having a good sized group with very talented back up singers to the time I saw him solo....all great, but very different.  He is a better guitar player than he may be given credit for. 

The live Jazz I have been to in NYC is near the top.  Sweet Basil and the Blue Note through the years have been very good to me, but in a much different vein, the lakefront festivals in Milwaukee are a somewhat unknown to most of America. 

I did see a few artists before their success and fame, saw a famous British singer at a bar in Rapid City many years ago..and he has done well since. 

Take care,

whatjd
Most memorable - The Clash x2 nites at Bonds NYC, Pink Floyd’s ’77 Animals Tour with pigs overhead, REM’s Reckoning Tour at some 100 seat club in Hartford Conn 1983, the English Beat in ’82 (the whole place broke into spontaneous mad dancing a la the Charlie Brown Special), Talking Heads "Burning Down the House" Tour front row, and on the outfield grass at Yes’ Roosevelt Stadium Jersey City show in 1976.
The one is easy. Girlfriend and I had a front row seat to a 5th Dimension concert. As they are setting up, one of them runs off the staging area rather quickly.
A few minutes later, he comes back but soon runs off again. There is a look of concern now with the stage crew and I overhear a conversation that claims the guy running off and on the stage has the pukes real bad.
It is one of their trumpet players. At the time I was also a professional trumpet player.
I hear one of them say "we need a trumpet player pronto call so and so" The other guy says "he will never get here in time for this show". That’s when I said , "I play trumpet". they both looked at me and said, "can you read" meaning could I read music. I said "I sure can". I always carried one of my trumpets and an array of Vinny Bachs in the car so I went to get it. They took me in back and gave me a rift to play that was in the song "Aquarius".
It was easy. they gave me another. That was easy as well. "Your on kid" was the next sentence.
So for the evening, I sat in as trumpet for the 5th Dimension and it was the time of my life.
At the end of the evening, they asked for my phone number saying if I was available for any swing of theirs in the North East would I come. I said yes.
I never heard from them again. I guess that was my "15 minutes".
@arro222 now that is a great story.  Your "15 minutes" is a life-long keeper.  I hope you enjoy that memory for many years to come.
And just for fun sake, 222 is my lucky number.  It was my dorm room number at college, too.
Lucinda Williams and Gurf Morlix at Maxwell's in Hoboken. Two guitars, 20 people in the audience. Remember it like it was yesterday. Whiskeytown at Mercury Lounge in 1997. Just making a name for themselves. Put on a great show. Easy to see Ryan Adam's talent and where it would take him musically. Lindsay String Quartet at Richardson Auditorium in Princeton. They used to do a free afternoon concert series back in the day. Tremendous acoustics and architectural space. Close your eyes and melt away. Also saw St. Lawrence String Quartet at the Frick Museum. Really intimate venue with great acoustics. Patty Griffin touring her debut album at the Turning Point in Piermont NY. Just her and her guitar belting out the entire album for about 30 people.