Whatever happened to Audio Physic? Cardeus ?

Audio Physic has a fairly new Cardeus model and has fallen off the radar. I guess they left the US market. They were a big deal in the 90s. Has anyone anywhere heard this?
rgs92
Once AP founder and chief designer Joachim Gerhard sold the company several years agao, it hasn't had the same notoriety/success it found in the 90s.
That's why its important to stick with name brands...Audio Research, Ayre, Vandersteen, VPI, Wilson, etc.,etc.
That's why its important to stick with name brands...Audio Research, Ayre, Vandersteen, VPI, Wilson, etc.,etc.
-06-25-11: Stringreen

Brand names......

Phew, for a minute i thought you were going to mention Infinity,altec,fisher,marantz,appogee,B&K,Aragon,Threshold to name a few..

:):):)

Regards,
Audio Physic is still somewhat popular in Europe, I believe. Buy name brands? What brand doesn't have a name? Anyway...

I own a pair of Yara Evolution Bookshelves. Easily the best speaker I've heard in it's range. I could say the same for the other models I've heard. Their downfall is their US distributor IMO. When seeking my speakers for an audition, I e-mailed them several times. After about the 4th email, they finally responded with 2 dealers. I found about 4 more in my area within a few months (I live about 20 min outside of NYC). Due to problems with the idiot dealer who demoed them for me, I bought mine here on the 'Gon. One of the tabs on a grill snapped. I e-mailed about buying a new one a few times to no response. I called and was told that person is on vacation, and no one else could help me.

Their distributor is a joke. Not to mention, have you seen any pro reviews or ads lately? Shouldn't the distributor be pushing that too?

If the had a distributor with half a brain, APs would probably have a very good presence. The speakers are way too good to have these clowns involved with them IMO.