Mono Cartridge

Still looking for a mono cartridge for my Technics 1200G.  My first choice would have been Miyajima but have been told, by some, that it would not be compatible with my arm.  I want to play older recordings so need a 1.0 mil stylus.  Does anyone have experience with either the Phasemation PP-MONO or the ZYX R 1000 Airy 3M?  They look interesting but couldn't find any reviews online.
andysf
Just to be clear, are you saying 1.0 mil Spherical Stylus?

For flexibility, I might suggest you look for a mono cartridge BODY that accepts either spherical stylus and/or elliptical stylus (some are also offered with advanced stylus shapes). Then, someone like yourself, more informed than me and others, can change the stylus as appropriate depending on the groove type or range of years of groove type.

some unsolicited mono yap:

Learning here, and having added a dedicated Mono Cartridge, I simply chose an elliptical stylus from Grado to get started/hear/prove it made a difference.

Now I heartily endorse using a true mono cartridge rather than a stereo cartridge. My two older McIntosh preamps (C28, mx110z), and mant others have Mode Controls, MONO being one of the settings. For many years I thought that was ’good enough’.

I have many mono LP’s, mostly Jazz. Some mono lps have only subtle improvements, many with obvious improvement, and some with significant improvements.

Some are not involving, they come off like a history lesson, very unlikely to play again. When played with a mono cartridge become an involving musical experience, keepers, intend to enjoy again.

Mono includes the ERA when so many greats developed their skills, new styles emerged. Mono LP's were still made after the technology of stereo was developed in 1958.

https://www.learnjazzstandards.com/wp-content/uploads/chord_charts/JAZZ_STYLE_PERIODS.pdf

Sometimes A lump of sound changes to reveal the distinct sounds of individual instruments. Reducing inadvertent separation by not reacting to any vertical motion improves the sound.

Others might use better words, that’s my attempt to explain what I hear.