REVIEW: Roger Waters, “Us And Them” (Live)

I was really excited about this one, pre-ordered it months ago, received it yesterday. The recording is excellent, impeccable Sonics. Roger Waters has been doing these songs (he wrote most of them) since he left Pink Floyd in the 80’s. If you have any of his live concerts on CD or LP, or have been to any of his live shows, then this will be all too familiar.

He has pretty much milked to death the entire Pink Floyd Catalogue since the mid 80’s. If you have never heard Rogers spin on these songs, then you are in for a treat, if you have heard them, then do not waste the money. It is the same rehashed songs he has been playing for the last 35+ years. Personally, I am extremely disappointed. I already have his other live albums, “In The Flesh”, “Live In Berlin”, “The Wall Live”, and this is just more of the same. I was super excited to receive this album but I would have been better off spending my money elsewhere. Sorry guys and gals. YMMV.
128x128stereo5
I’ve been to several of their shows- awesome!  I really enjoy them as theater and societal reality checks, but at times the anti big money anti American  agenda can be a little much. The guys worth almost a half billion dollars.
stereo5
Thank You for your honest opinion and review.
Do you own The Early Years and Later Years mega-boxed sets?If so, what are your thoughts?

Happy Listening!
what’s fair is fair.

i did sample more of ’Us and Them’ on Quboz, and honestly did not care for it. won’t listen again. prefer the other live versions. this one is plodding and the singing is forced and distracting.

with streaming no harm done.

turn the page.

@noromance

not heard 'When the Wind Blows'. i did search Qudoz and Tidal but came up empty except for an EP from David Bowie which i listened to. on-line i do see the CD of this from 1986.

https://www.floydianslip.com/pink-floyd/albums/album.php?id=54

i will try to acquire it. thanks.
I'm listening to it right now on Qobuz and have to say that I think it sounds great and I am enjoying it immensely. 

I wouldn't listen to any of Roger Water's music for a long time after Pink Floyd broke up because I thought he was a pompous jerk and was sad about the demise of one of my favorite bands.  I know they carried on, but it was never close to the same.  The truth is, I don't know him and I don't know whether he is or not. 

I became a little more open to hearing his music after I was at my favorite hi-fi store and the owner did a demo with the Ballad of Bill Hubbard. 

I saw him live a couple of years ago and it was one of the best shows I've ever attended.  There was a huge amount of effort and professionalism evident both in the production of the show and the quality of the music.  That same quality is evident on this recording.