Manufacturers

I find it interesting that some manufacturers and retailers in the audio industry consistently make themselves available to their customers while others completely ignore them. I scratch my head after going to a small volume speaker manufacturer's web site (Brooklyn NY based), send a note through the email provided on the site and ask "I'm interested in a pair of your xxx speakers (retail is $9k) and have a few questions about them, my room and electronics. Can you let me know when we might get on a call pls? "

And get no response - so far for three days. 

I call the number- leave a message. 

No call back so far.

I see the owner posting on Facebook regularly and a year ago I'd sent him a similar note, trying to get on a call with him.

No response. Then I posted in the comments area on his posts- Hi XXX, pls check your messages here, I'm trying to get in touch to ask a few questions about a pair of your speakers. A week later I get a "sorry, I don't check messages much here" response. Not a "Hey, sorry I missed this, pls call me to discuss and happy to help"- just a note that offers no interest.

In the year that I've tried to reach him I've bought Harbeth 30.2's, a pair of Proac, an Odyssey amp, a JL audio e110, a pair of SVS subs, a Denon HT amp and more (different systems around the house). I'm actively growing my systems.

Is his boutique business really that good that he can't be bothered to respond to a potential customer?

Meanwhile, the founder of a much larger Colorado based electronics company posts daily, has blogs, videos and much more always responds to a comment or question on a product - his or something else- without fail and is engaged and interested. 

128x128cowan217
@cowan    Sorry if you try to rich my Bache speaker Co, i am happy to get inquire from NYC residents and Brooklyn especially . we are in Brooklyn and have show -listening room located in Sunset Park open for public ,  No sign yet , but we gonna put very soon 
I don't care how small of a company you are.  Too many opportunities were given this speaker company for all of them to be ignored.  Once or even twice would likely have a good explanation.  But from what the OP described that speaker company is simply not a well run business.  I would not give them my business and hard earned dollars.  There are plenty of other very good options to choose from.  Absolutely no excuse, on their part.

This is a good example of a small company, who does care.  I recently began doing business with Symposium Acoustics.  I found their vibration control products to be exceptionally good.  The owner, Peter, is very personable, easy to speak with, and is always willing to provide information and guidance to the best solution for you individual needs.  I have spoken directly with him a number of times.  If I call and he is busy with another customer he promises to call me back.  And he does, typically the same day.  Everything he has provided me with in quality product, help, and good follow-through is why I have been a repeat customer and have now spent about $4,500 with him.  There are other options for vibration control, but Symposium Acoustics, and Peter specifically, has earned my business.  And it will stay that way.
@mammothguy54 ++++ infinity
Amen :-) ditto Vandersteen, Ayre, Music Reference, Herron, Brinkmann, Triplaner, SOTA, .....Aesthetix 

I have had the same high quality experience with Balanced Audio Technology (BAT).  One of the owners (Steve), and even the primary design engineer (Viktor) have spent time with me on the phone.  Excellent advice, tremendous help, very personable, absolute follow-through.  Awesome company in all of those respects, and the products sound fabulous.
And also Manley Labs.  I bought a Manley Chinook (phono stage) and it had a catastrophic failure in one channel, within a month.  I got a new replacement unit from the dealer, approved by Manley Labs.  After about 2 weeks the owner, EveAnna Manley herself, contacted me to be certain that I was satisfied and everything was functioning as it should be.  I felt that personal touch and respect it greatly.  I love the product performance and greatly appreciate the company. Absolutely first class!