spend on the streamer or on the DAC ?

I a considering splashing north of 5000 (euro) for a new source for my rig (MOOON 340i, OPERA QUINTA speaker, McIntosh SACD, Node2). Better to spend more for the DAC or the streamer ? I was thinking about a Schitt yggrasil.Or would it make sense to spalsh on a more expensive DAC and use the Node2 as a streamer, or, for that matter, stream from my Macbook Pro. Regards.
olica
server 100%. i recently got a taiko extreme and wrote specifically about this server vs. dac stuff in my thread on whatsbest. this is the thread itself: https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/living-at-the-extreme-i-bought-a-taiko-extreme-and-then-this-...

ive had a couple servers leading up to this and as a computer scientist/data scientist i was skeptical on any differences that would show up in 1's and 0's but the extreme, to my ears, is an even bigger upgrade than my amp. however, it's like an mbl101e extreme: it's great but hard to rec due to the sheer cost.

you're asking about different servers and streamers so maybe my experience with the extreme and rockna wavedream net and metrum ambre may offer some comparison points. i don't check agon forums often but i'm happy to answer questions. i don't get email notifications which is why i forget to hop by here. feel free to dm me too if that's easier
@skanda,

Thanks for your post. May I know what DAC you are currently using with Taiko Extreme? 
Boy, it sounds like a lot of us are at the same place at the same time.  I was quite happy streaming from my Bluesound Vault 2i and simply using the DAC built into my surround processor and everything was great.  Then the bug hit and I decided to ditch surround in favor of a two channel only system.  Using the Vault by itself sounded dull and lifeless, so I added the new Denafrips Venus II DAC.  Things improved substantially.  It was just like everybody said, way smoother, more refined, and easier to listen to.  After getting just a taste of this improvement, and now dealing with a much nicer amp and preamp than what I had before, I was turned onto the SOtM SMS-200 by watching lots of videos on the Hans B. YouTube channel.  Adding the SMS-200 Ultra Neo was just the ticket.  Now, every single time I sit and listen to my system (which is every day), I can't believe how good it sounds.  It's truly amazing.  So, I would say the DAC and the streamer both make a significant and audible difference if you have the system to hear it.
The Simaudio products with MiND streamer and DAC in one are great!  The MiND software is great or you can step up to Roon if you like.  There are great sonic benefits of having the streamer and DAC in one unit - very short connection with no cables required.