Power Conditioners

Not sure if I placed it in the correct topic but here goes. I was just wondering how power conditioners work, as I want to buy one. There are conditioners with only filtered inputs and conditioners with some filtered inputs and some unfiltered. I believe the unfiltered ones are for analogue devices. But why should these go into the unfiltered part? If I buy a power conditioner for example with only filtered inputs, will I not be able to put my class A amp in? Or will it have a negative effect?
sjeesjie
Post removed 
I wonder if it’s measurable at all to measure the noise inside the device (amp or whatever). All everyone is talking about is the noice from the main outlet. That’s not even interesting as the amp itself does filtering itself too.
Dannad , I’m sorry I didn’t read any of your comments nor was I responding to you ,....

Sjeejie for those whom like measurements I have access of measurements and it’s interesting doing these tests from a standard household wall socket to comparison of dedicated lines too home trial of some of these AC components some that market outlandish claims to the unsuspecting.
Some very expensive components failed these tests and some did perform as claimed.
@dannad:
So in short: pontificating you are. Nothing quite like our friends, the Audiogon trolls...
Post removed