Streaming for beginner

I have a PS Audio front end-- DMP disc player and DirectSteam DAC. Very happy with the resolution and performance, especially from my redbook cd collection. For those familiar with the DSD, it is upgradable via a network bridge card to become a dedicated streamer. When I bought this DAC, I was looking ahead to an eventual migration to streaming.
I also have a Spotify account, that currently only serves me as a companion to my iPhone during walks and exercise.

My question: assume my goal is to stream for convenience, simplicity, and achieve audio quality that equals or surpasses that of redbook cd’s. I am not looking to purchase music or download it for storage. What am I missing? I also have a dedicated iPad that can serve as the interface to the DAC/Streamer. Spotify also claims that streaming in high resolution is available on my account. Do I need anything else? Am I oversimplifying this?

I am a beginner when it comes to streaming, so please answer in simple terms since I will not be familiar with a lot of the services and components mentioned elsewhere in these forums. In fact, confusing enough for me that it is forcing me to ask here.

mbiondo
Hello!!

Spotify premium comes with ROON now>DSD/MQA at CD quality
since July.. via sever/Dac stream.etc.   $9.99. for longtime sub.
Tubes444
cleeds—Re. "Hi-Rez Audio Distinguished in Blind Testing": Any findings derived from an experiment involving 7 testers (average age 22) in a anechoic test chamber listening to test signals (not music) just doesn't convey much of material significance, at least not to me.

Today, it seems apparent that redbook resolution serves as an effective and sufficient means to preserve and recreate recorded music, and that higher rez alternatives convey no appreciable audible advantage. This conclusion does not exclude unique or unusual tests wherein some difference between redbook and higher rez might be perceived (e.g., 22 kids listening to test signals in a anechoic chamber), nor do those exceptions affect the validity of this general conclusion.
“Today, it seems apparent that redbook resolution serves as an effective and sufficient means to preserve and recreate recorded music, and that higher rez alternatives convey no appreciable audible advantage.”

vtvmtodvm,

I beg to differ but respect your opinion on ‘no appreciable audible advantage’. In my system, I can hear and appreciate the nuances between 16bit/44.1kHz and 24bit/192kHz recordings. DSD is whole another level and well beyond the scope of our discussion in this thread.
vtvmtodvm
Any findings derived from an experiment involving 7 testers (average age 22) in a anechoic test chamber listening to test signals (not music) just doesn’t convey much of material significance ...
That is just one study. There are others that show audible differences between 16/44.1 and higher resolution files. Please feel free to conduct your own tests.
... it seems apparent that redbook resolution serves as an effective and sufficient means to preserve and recreate recorded music, and that higher rez alternatives convey no appreciable audible advantage ...
And you base that "apparent" fact on ... what, exactly? When you say no "appreciable" advantage, what exactly do you mean? After all "appreciable" is a subjective term, so it isn’t clear what you’re stating.

It’s fine if you’re happy with 16/44.1, of course. But to claim there’s no advantage to better quality formats doesn’t fit the facts.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-resolution_audio#Controversy

In my own practice, I can not say that HiRes makes a difference to me. They both sound excellent and then I concentrate on the music itself. Psychologically, it makes a difference though and for 'bragging rights' I prefer HiRes -- warm and fuzzy feeling of getting The Best :-)