Help with TT ideas for my first TT

Hi All,

I have been reading alot of reviews and searching around for my first TT.  ALot of recent recordings that i want are basically only coming out on vinyl or super crappy mp3.  I have an Aaron integrated amp, with some custom built SB Acoustic Monitors (Bromo).

I am looking at the marketplace in the 1 - 1.5k range and see I can find alot of different solutions and wanted to get peoples thoughts:

Marantz tt-15 - Seems like  bargain at 1500, but difficult to setup
Clearaudio Concept - good reviews, bumps against the magnetic arm (Cement floor at my place)
Music Hall MMF 7.3 - Seems like a great solution
VPI Cliff Wood
Pro-ject X1 or X2 - Have read some reports of motor noise
Rega Planar 2 or 3 - Seems to be they are what they are

With such a crowded field how do people choose?  I live in Central Mass, and dont have alot of options in terms of auditions so would love to get peoples thoughts. 
kro77
Really, that different thanks for all the tips.

almost done now. Seems like a whole néw micro universe to obsess over.

almost done now. Seems like a whole néw micro universe to obsess over.

Well, of course, some of us call that ‘fun’ 😁
Seems like a lot of good press out recently between what Hifi and stereophile recommendation for the ultra deck. Thanks all
Get the thorens td 203 and put an audio technica at f-7 moving coil on the end of it. Then get the origin live gravity one record weight, done! A great set up, and with the money you save on turntable (on sale for $579/ebay/rutherford audio) you will be able to afford the above cartridge and record weight. Run all this into a tavish design tube phono preamp or the pro-ject tube box ds2 and be happy. The td 203 has a better tone arm than any of the others mentioned....place tt on a solid wall mounted turntable shelf for best isolation.
I like the wall mounted shelf idea, had not thought of it but makes perfect sense...