Monoblock Aegirs

I am moving my old Vandersteen 2ce sig II out of the media room and setting up a 2 channel listening room in a pretty good size space in our front room, 25’ x 25’ with a large adjoining dinning room and 10’ ceilings. I have been known to be asked to turn it down by the wife. I was looking at getting a Cambridge Audio CXN V2 for streaming duties connected to a Schiit Freya + preamp and I am debating on amplification. Curious if anyone has hooked up a pair of monoblock Aegirs to the Sig II’s and how well they drove them on the bottom end? Or am I better off with the Vidar?
Thanks
395garrison
Nathan at Vandy can take you thru it as can any Vandy dealer or me ( Richard and I joke that I am the 24/7 technical support hotline...

dissimilar amplifiers have different transfer function which leads to smearing.. which is why the larger Vandy w active subs and the entire subwoofer lineup ALL use speaker level inputs so that the bass drive mimics that main amplifier transfer function. 
Vandy engineers for a relatively easy load to the amp with no bizare phase angles. The speaker is really meant to be biwired, preferably an external shotgun. I have run variants of model 2 with as few as 40 wpc ( mc240 ) , Odessa, Mc202, PSE, Audionics, VTL, Hafler, etc... etc... 

I have nothing against Schitt in fact I admire the vision and audacity and yes, I have visited the “ Schitter”... but you have other good choices. For example a Van Alstine amp, give Frank a call or your local Vandersteen dealer or as noted Johnny Rutan

have fun

reach out to me if I can help
Also I run Treo CT in a 16 x 35’ room with a 40 wpc NAIM SS poweramp.....

fun
If they sound different they by definition don’t have the same transfer function 

logic is brutal
I have single Aegir with vandersteen sig I’s. There is plenary of low end when the song is produced that way. I know people always think the bass is missing but it will vary from recording to recording. When I put on Pink Floyd the wall through quobuz the bass is over the top. All Stevie Ray Vaughan on vinyl has plenty of low end. I can also get plenty of volume when I need it. I have almost pulled the trigger many times on a second one and will some day, but I am very contend with current set up.
@ 395garrison, Yes they do. My point was if,one Aegir in mono drives them with no problem with two 15’’ woofers. One Aegir in mono should drive your Vandersteen with no problem with one 8’’ woofer. One Aegir in mono is 40 watts @8 Ohms. 40 Watts for your Vandersteens i think is good. So my point is two Aegir should work good. IMO, BTY, I think bi-amping is great ,Just more money more amps. I was just trying to give some insight on the amp. Mike. I hope that helps. :-)
More to discover