Streaming for beginner

I have a PS Audio front end-- DMP disc player and DirectSteam DAC. Very happy with the resolution and performance, especially from my redbook cd collection. For those familiar with the DSD, it is upgradable via a network bridge card to become a dedicated streamer. When I bought this DAC, I was looking ahead to an eventual migration to streaming.
I also have a Spotify account, that currently only serves me as a companion to my iPhone during walks and exercise.

My question: assume my goal is to stream for convenience, simplicity, and achieve audio quality that equals or surpasses that of redbook cd’s. I am not looking to purchase music or download it for storage. What am I missing? I also have a dedicated iPad that can serve as the interface to the DAC/Streamer. Spotify also claims that streaming in high resolution is available on my account. Do I need anything else? Am I oversimplifying this?

I am a beginner when it comes to streaming, so please answer in simple terms since I will not be familiar with a lot of the services and components mentioned elsewhere in these forums. In fact, confusing enough for me that it is forcing me to ask here.

mbiondo
I use Qobuz either streamed from IPad / Frontier router via Air (WiFi or Eth), or streamed from MacBook via Router to DAC USB, depending on what amp I feel like listening too.

For me, I still think my good CD player sounds better, clearly more resolved with better presence, clarity / lack of grain, more ‘there’, richer..
I use streaming more because I don’t have a huge collection of CDs, and it gives me access to a wide range of music at my fingertips. I am in general somewhat satisfied with streaming, although sometimes I feel quality is not the best and the system won’t keep me captured for long. If the sound quality is there, with the right music, I find it hard to stop listening and want to turn up the volume frequently.

i am still convinced Vinyl sound quality from a good rig is unbeatable, although i do not presently have a vinyl rig.
@adameos,

One way to enhance your experience is to isolate the noise from your MacBook USB port. I am not sure if you’re using anything at the moment but you may try this device and see if you hear any audible improvements. 
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DLMZP5Y/ref=twister_B07FM9J683?_encoding=UTF8&th=1
mbiondo—
Re. sound quality, current redbook CD is as good as it gets; refer https://classicalcandor.blogspot.com/2020/01/on-cd-quality.html

Higher resolution programming sources are not going to provide any audible advantage, although the power of expectation bias can be very persuasive.
Thank you, tchatch.   You are right, but it is also my fault that I titled this thread "streaming for a beginner".  While true I am a beginner, I did state clearly that I want to replicate a similar SQ from my redbook cd collection, currently played thru what I think is very good equipment.  Equipment that I invested wisely (if there is such a thing in hi-end audio!) to get the best sound I could possibly get at a budget I was comfortable with.  If I cannot get something that is at, close to, or better, than cd spinning, I will lose interest very fast.  I'd rather budget $5k (my budget, btw) for such a streaming system than rather waste $1k for something that will, in my opinion, sound below my expectations.  I have invested heavily in my system to get a SQ that pleases me, but if I was simply looking for streaming convenience, well, I already have that:  Spotify.  I have learned a lot here, and am taking all the advice everyone has contributed in order to make my final investment.  Again, this has been a phenomenal learning experience for me.  
vtvmtodvm
Re. sound quality, current redbook CD is as good as it gets ... Higher resolution programming sources are not going to provide any audible advantage, although the power of expectation bias can be very persuasive.
Actually, blind testing has shown your opinion-stated-as-fact to be mistaken. There is some background info here, if you’re interested.

I’m not necessarily a fan of blind testing. But it’s the gold standard for measurementalists, who oddly sometimes reject it when it doesn’t suit their own "expectation bias."