Vandersteen 3a Signatures compared to Treo’s

I currently have a pair of Vandersteen 3a Signatures ( upgraded last summer) which I love and am thinking of a pair of Treo CT’s. I have heard the Treo’s and was impressed but that was in a showroom so I’m looking for opinions if any of you have done the switch? Other equipment is Benchmark amp, Benchmark DAC3, Audiolab 6000cdt.
thanks for the input
zimick
Tomic601,
thanks for the input.
pretty sure I’m sticking w the 3’s at least till spring.
they definitely punch above their weight, at least in my opinion!
and if I get back out to Long Beach for work I’ll take you up on your offer.
cheers
z
Ya man ! For sure :-) Long Beach is just a hop, skip and a jump - I spent many moons there on the C-17 and other nearby fun.

i assume you have the soundanchors on the 3A and have them biwire ? An external biwire is best. You can also download ( free ) vandertones and see what is going on w room and bass. Enjoy the music :-))))

jim
I know a guy who just went from the 5's to the Kento, very pleased. 

The 3's will be soft, mushy compared to the newer models. Ok, don't like the word "mushy", try "chewy".  ;)

Done anything with cables? If not, you need to, at least if you're serious.  

Yes the Kento has an even better cabinet, new bass drivers in a balanced force configuration ( opposition) AND model 7 midrange w CF skins on the patented balsa core. IF I upgrade the Treo it would be to Kento. I have heard them paired w VPI, Lyra Delos, McIntosh pre and Vandys M5 amp - outstanding soundstage and clarity in Harrow and the Harvest

fortunate friend You have Doug !!!

best to you !! Enjoy the music

jim
The great story regarding this friend is that he is making up for lost time. He had a truly junk bottom scraping ( he would concur) cheap stereo for about 40 years as he worked in tech sector in CA. Retired, left the insanity and took a bit of bankroll to in one move put together a dream system.  Good on him.