Member Almarg passed away last night

Al ( @almarg ) passed away peacefully yesterday evening, September 14th, 2020.

Margaret, Al's wife, was by his side most of the afternoon.

Both she and Al, as well as Al's family, were deeply touched by the outpouring of respect and appreciation for Al from members who, via written word, shared so very much in the 'Update on Audiogon Member Almarg' thread.

Margaret extends her thanks, gratitude and appreciation to all members. She treasures each and every post.
david_ten
So sad to hear about Almarg's passing. My condolences to his family and his friends.
Robert
My profound condolences to Margaret and family.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  We were all truly blessed here at Audiogon to have had the opportunity to interact with Al. Al was always the voice of reason and will be sorely missed.  Our loss is heaven's gain.
Every organization with which I have been associated has a group of individuals that collectively constitute the soul of the organization.  When those people are lost, the organization looses something that can't be replaced.  Al was a big part of Audiogon's soul.  He was a gentleman's gentleman and a scholar's scholar.  His tone was always polite and collegial- even when he was dealing with neophytes and buffoons.    Those of us who wish to honor his memory would do well to emulate him.

Goodbye my friend.  
Al was a real gentleman, and his posts were virtually authoritative.  His posts were never based on an unfounded opinion, and not infrequently, they were more like answers.  He was always polite while correcting others.  Greatly missed.     
…….very sad news indeed. Al and I traded emails on a bunch of topics and he always imparted his knowledge of this hobby without any partiality or biased opinion. '' May the fours winds blow you safely home '' Al.