Moving to France

We are planning a move to France fairly soon. Does anyone know the best way to cleanly transform the 240v european voltage down to 117 without a bunch of hum?

areed622
Depending on what level of anarchy ensues in November & after -- I myself will be away in a holding zone with France high on the more permanent escape route list -- no major audio equipment coming along for this ride. Dragonfly and powered  speakers will do in the short run. I will never live under a authoritarian dictatorship if there exists some practical and affordable way of avoiding it.
Congrats! I too have a similar plan, love France. I’ve worked there for many years, will eventually skip out to Antibes.
Don't do it.
Still time to change your mind.
If you are hellbent, let me know if you find anyone honest there.
I am currently in the Netherlands, having relocated from Canada a few years ago, and likely to go back at an undetermined point in the future. Much of my equipment was dual voltage. The 115 V only items I brought over are on step-up transformers. Many of the new items I have acquired here are dual voltage, but a few are 220 V only - in those cases I confirmed with the manufacturers that they could convert them to 115 V. For most this is cost of shipping. In another case where there was a charge, the retailer committed to paying themselves when it occurs. Worst-case scenario is that the manufacturer goes out of business by the time I do this, but I think I only have this exposure in one case. In that case, I would end up using a step-down transformer when I move back.
Thank you all. My wife is a French national, we have a house in the middle of France, my wife obviously speaks French and I speak French, German, and a little English. Maybe I could use a signal generator (I have a couple of them) and one or two FETs to power the Oracle Delphi.