Isolated ground for 20 amp

Hello,

I am planning to have three 20 amp circuits run from my panels into my music room which is right next to the basement where I got two 200 amp breaker boxes. 

To add an separate breaker box directly from the transformer, I was told it would be very expensive and it would make it commercial.

The electrician said, he can make a separate 100 amp panel and run 3 20 amp circuits. But the ground from the separated breaker box will be connected to the ground of one of the main panels. If the grounds are finally connected to the main panel, what is the point of having a separate 100 amp panel? I have quite a few 20 amp slots available in the main panels.

I am also reading about isolated ground. What does it exactly mean? I also read that, it is dangerous to have isolated ground and regular ground next to each other, as each can have a different potential and it can kill people when touched simultaneously.

I also read that, all grounds have to be connected to each other as a safety code. If that is the case, how does isolated ground actually isolate?

Also, I want to connect my components directly to the three 20 amp lines, so I can save cost on conditioners. How do conditioners work? some say they impair sound.

My components are: Reed Muse 3c, Ypsilon MC26L SUT, Ypsilon VPS100, Cary SLP05, Cary DMS600, Cary CAD 211FE monoblocks, KEF Blades

Sorry, any guidance is hugely appreciated.
kanchi647
@erik_squires I am strongly considering torus power supplies. Do you have any experience with them.
What are the pros and cons?

Thank
Nanda
Hi @nanda

I've only been around similar ideas of balanced transformers and I am a big fan.  Others who have used them like but I don't have personal experience with the brand.

Torus, if you are listening, I'll do a review if you ship me a unit. :)
Which kind of Siemens 20 amp breakers do you recommend for dedicated lines. GFCI or regular? standard trip or arc fault?

I have 2 x 200 amp panels. Each panel has two columns of breakers and from what I gather, alternate rows are same phase.  
Arc fault are the state of the art fire prevention.  GFCI is great when you are around water.

Standard breakers are more reliable, in that they'll trip less. Not sure what the NEC or local codes require these days.  Last time I looked, arc fault was only needed for bedrooms.  Always follow local requriements. :)