Looking for opinions on Tannoy Prestige line.

I have been looking around at the Tannoy Prestige line. I was curious about how these compare to more modern designs. I am a little burnt out on "hi-fi" and I am having an "enjoy the music" moment. I demoed a few pairs of Tannoys when I first got into audio and I remember liking them pretty well but it has been awhile scene I have heard them. I would be looking at the Kensington SE (and down) or either of the Glenair models. I do not have room or budget for anything bigger. I would be looking on the used market and have no dealer in my area. I am currently using Thiel CS2.4s.

Do they have much horn coloration? Does the bass have punch (I like hard rock and typical audiophile stuff too). How detailed are they compared to more modern designs?
james63
Hello Cptaz,
In the thread about the Kingdom Royal I see you expressed interest and I am sure they would be great. If the price is too steep I would suggest the Canterbury's. After breakin they are really special.
Hi Douger, thanks for your suggestion, yes these Canterbury's look pretty interesting too, while the Westminster's look definitely oversized for my room.
James63,
If you ever swing by Atlanta, you should be able to get a good demo of the Kensington SE, possibly Glenair 15, and maybe even Kingdom Royals too. The Prestige dealer in Marietta (Northwestern suburb of Atl) is located just down the street from me :)

Also, I've discovered something very interesting and unexpected in the past month - the VAC Ren III preamp has MASSIVE musical synergy with the Kensington SE...and it's consistently been in full force EVERY night I've sat down to listen ever since. No more "on" days vs. "slightly off" days. I've switched to using its built-in MC phono stage, too.
Cptaz,
Size-wise I think the Kensington or Yorkminster would be a ideal for that room.

Mike
I have canterbury se and cant seem to find amps that work well with 70's 80's rock music and heavy rock also.Almost considering trying digital amplifier with them maybe with tube preamp.