Springs under turntable

I picked up a set of springs for $35 on Amazon. I intended to use them under a preamp but one thing led to another and I tried them under the turntable. Now, this is no mean feat. It’s a Garrard 401 in a 60pound 50mm slate plinth. The spring device is interesting. It’s sold under the Nobsound brand and is made up of two 45mm wide solid billets of aluminum endcaps with recesses to fit up to seven small springs. It’s very well made. You can add or remove springs depending on the weight distribution. I had to do this with a level and it only took a few minutes. They look good. I did not fit them for floor isolation as I have concrete. I played a few tracks before fitting, and played the same tracks after fitting. Improvement in bass definition, speed, air, inner detail, more space around instruments, nicer timbre and color. Pleasant surprise for little money.
128x128noromance
@indranilsen
I got the delivery of Solid Tech Feet Of Silence footers this AM
Indranil, you said that you thought the performance to investment wasn't as good as you'd hoped. Perhaps the price is higher than we experience from China, Sweden and Scandinavia in general is more expensive for everything (yes I've been). However if they actually have the engineering down to a fine art, and they work as well as you claim, how much would you have had to pay to upgrade to the same level with the device you are "floating" on them?

To restate my question, how much money have they saved you to get the same level of quality sound if you hadn't as mahgister calls it, "embedded" with the feet of silence?

They scream out, I'm sexy and I know it.. Well I don't know that, do you at least like the look of them?
Haha, congrats on your investment mate.

@uberwaltz,

" some reduction in bass but it's generally tighter all around"

Bass is such a personal thing it seems. I'm a person who really pays attention to it. When I evaluate it in my system, I try to remember my live experiences, which are most always at a smaller venue.

We all have adjectives to describe it, but those are based on our on biases.

That's all....just food for thought.

Steve

Hello,
When you guys put spring based isolation devices or any such floating devices do you ensure that the turntable is absolutely leveled? I use a circular level at the center of the platter to level the table. Normally w/o any footer my turntable is 100% leveled but with the springs underneath the table the most I can get is the bubble stay inside the circle but not as leveled as before. Does that even matter?
Thanks.
Yes! IME, it matters greatly. With my latest wall decoupling system, I can actually hear if the tt gets off level. A wall system, no matter how great is dependent upon the expansion/contraction of the studs. I use a 10" Bosch level. A longer level will give a more accurate reading.

Generally, for a tt with a non-inverting bearing, one does a final level on the platter, on an inverting bearing, the final level is on the plinth.