Internal Wire Upgrade for SME V

keegiam
Dear @keegiam : I respect mijostyn but he is only ( I think in good shape ) distressing you in something that is way important for you and that makes a paramount difference for the better, the up-date is real.

And @frogman put the nail where hurts: the extremely sensitive cartridge signal is the one that we want to enjoy at maximum quality level we can achieve and things are that the very first system link that not only touch but that where the cartridge beloved signal must pass through around 1.5m from the output cartridge pins to the phono stage input is exactly the tonearm wire and IC cable.

Other than the cartridge/tonearm ( mechanical match. ) the most importan system link is those ones no matters what. Any tiny cartridge signal you losted in that 1.5m. not only we can’t recovery it’s lost for ever and goes against the quality levels of what we are listening and additional to that a superlative wire as the AN puts lower levels of everykind of distortions developed during the 1.5m. signal trip.

As tou said this is the rigth time to do it for you and think that the rewiring is not at all rocket science as some gentlemans think and maybe they think that way by very low knowledge levels.

If I was you then I go a head with, don’t distress about just do it.

Btw, tell the technician that he uses too female silver conectors in the tonearm rewired input.

Dear @cardani , if I remember you have a true SME expert technician that even refurbish SME tonearms and is in Canada. Maybe you can help to the OP  with the email or something. Sorry to disturb you.

R.

@frogman  : Don't waste your time with so poor knowledge level people.

Ignorance is everywhere in the world.

R.
Thank you all for your views, knowledge and experience.  My choice is now clear: either send the arm to SME to install the AN-to-RCA cable or stick with the original.

I will assess the logistics and costs and reach a decision soon.
In my opinion once you're buying a High-End tonearm on SME V level it's better to stick to the original tonearm internal cable unless there is a problem you can't live with. 

There are some people who always think they are smarter than all the engineers who actually design legendary toneamrs. In my opinion you'd better trust original designer and his choice than a stranger. 

You can give a call to SME if possible