Why no interest in reel to reel if you're looking for the ultimate sound?

Wondering why more people aren't into reel to reel if they're looking for the ultimate analog experience? I know title selection is limited and tapes are really expensive, but there are more good tapes available now than ever before.
People refer to a recording as having "master tape quality",  well you can actually hear that master tape sound through your own system and the point of entry to reel to reel is so much more affordable than getting into vinyl.  Thoughts? 
scar972
Not worth the hassle. Not over paying for a bulky, clunky, outdated format. Vinyl has good artwork and is sturdy at least. This is niche stuff that people with too much time and disposable income can indulge in. Rest of us have other priorities.
Since this topic was brought up in a thread that had nothing to do with CDs, perhaps the author of this post, @geoffkait  can tell us how a low cost CD player, in a car, travelling on the roads of Detroit (notorious for bad roads), can play, without skips, drop-outs, and other irregularities one would expect if the data could not be corrected by the error correction and had to be interpolated?  Even the most highly sound isolated car has vibration far beyond the home environment, not to mention the sound levels reaching the mechanism?  I wonder if anyone else could weigh in on the miraculous technology that allowed such wonder in the early 90s?

geoffkait23,308 posts06-18-2020 10:40amWithout a whole lotta tweaking CDs can’t really compete with much. The three basic necessities are mechanical isolation - isolate the player, isolate everything! - stiffening and damping of the disc Itself and first and foremost: elimination of the scattered background laser light. Then you’d have a fighting chance. As fate would have it I sell the only comprehensive solution to the scattered light problem and have The Mystery Tweak for problem no. 2 but can’t reveal it; otherwise it wouldn’t be a mystery, would it? Even cassettes have a great many variables, it’s never easy!

This thread has been dormant for a while. This is my post Christmas treat - archiving my 15 IPS CBS master of Floyd’s Wish You Were Here - 192/24 digital archive via a Prism Sound Lyra 2 A2D and a Dolby SR 15 IPS 1/4 in copy onto new RTM LPR90 tape stock
https://i.vgy.me/qOmjXe.jpg