What Combinations of Components Have You Put Together That Sound Good?

Please share the components you've put together that are a perfect match, where you have reached a listening pinnacle, so much so that you don't want to stop listening! 
high-amp
mahgister

Well the price is right! 
Ah, Sansui, my first system, way back at the ripe age of 17.
Integrated amp and separate tuner. I just went through 2 pages of Google images to see if I could find the model of the amp, with no luck. Wish I still had it, along with all the other gear I had in the past.
Very interesting DAC you have there:

http://www.makeasound.net/blog/category/starting-point-systems-dac3

jjss49

Both systems using DACs as pre-amps?

@highamp

yes all dacs mentioned have variable analog output volume (if so configured) so are run direct into power amp
FYI, there is another method to use a DAC direct to amp which involves software attenuation. If you have a music service such as ROON, you can use the software volume control in the media controller to raise or lower the volume, allowing a similar setup, but with a dedicated DAC. 

I have done this several times, and while one must exercise caution to always know precisely where the software volume control is (to not accidentally turn on/off the amp with it at a high level, etc.), it works very well. It was difficult to trust it initially, but now I am not worried to use it. In fact, I have a dedicated DAC on review that I plan on doing that very thing today. 

Is that a superior method to build a system? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. It depends upon the preferences of the listener and the actual combination of gear. With the Pathi I had a slightly different setup in that I could run a CDP's analogue output directly into the integrated amps in mono. I advise that all possible permutations of systems be tried, as there is no telling, especially since cable differences have a strong influence, which will be superior. It is a mistake to presume the performance pecking order. 
I’ve read loads about the poor bass of Celestion SL6 speakers.  Try powering them with a McCormack DNA 0.5 Deluxe amp. My response on hearing a Telarc tympani with this combo was to exclaim loudly and involuntarily: “How the $%#% are you doing this?!!!!”
@douglas_schroeder 

it is worth making the important distinction in what doug is describing to reducing volume digitally in the processor chip, which is generally considered a bad idea, as it reduces the bit-resolution at lower volumes