Lumin upgrade - built-in or separate DAC?

I've got the rest of my system sounding nice enough and since I mostly use my NAS or stream Tidal nowadays, I want to upgrade my digital front end from a Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ and Bluesound Node 2 (used as a streamer only) to something better. My local audio store says I will notice a huge improvement if I upgrade the streamer only and continue to use my current (Mytek) DAC. He suggested going with the Lumin U1 mini and a Sbooster linear power supply. I am already using a Sbooster for my DAC and have a Shunyata power cord on my Node 2. 

Does anyone have experience going from separate streamer and separate DAC to a combined unit? 
My thought is that if I have an "all in one" streamer/DAC, I can get rid of having to use 2 units that need cables to connect and less wires/connection in the signal path and ultimately better sound.

Here's what I'm considering (in no particular order):

*Save $ for about a year to buy the Lumin X1
*Buy a used Lumin S1
*Buy the full size Lumin U1 and use my current Mytek DAC
*Buy the Lumin U1 mini, another Sbooster and use my current Mytek DAC.

The rest of the system is pretty good (in my humble opinion). I have all the other pre-requisites such as good speakers, amp, speaker cables, dedicated lines with 10ga wiring, digital cable, interconnects. The other items I'm working on is room treatment and making stands to get the speakers right at ear level. 

veerossi
Just an update: The Lumin S1 sounds splendid! I have a much taller and wider soundstage, speakers disappear even more than before and quieter noise floor. I'm all set and the Lumin app works great. Waiting for a Shunyata Alpha digital power cord. I was wondering if you guys might have a suggestion for different interconnects? I currently have Cardas Golden Presence (RCA's). Anyone else have any interconnects you really like? These are all I've owned, so I'm not sure how they compare.
@veeros

You asked: " falconquest. Do you have one of these 432 EVO? I was reading another post where someone mentioned Wolf server, but no info is scarce on them."

Sorry for the late reply but I first ran across this server while researching Lumin. I stumbled upon the British review of the unit and then had a little back and forth conversation with the reviewer. To answer your question, no I do not have one. I tend to research equipment to death before I make a purchase decision and as you say, there is little info. out there about them. There is U.S. Distribution in the works which should be introduced soon. I know who it is but I don't want to reveal that prior to introduction. I am waiting to see where the U.S. price comes in and also for some reviews. I'm interested in the mid-level Aeon since it is up-gradable to the top level Master. One thing I would change is, the Aeon comes with dual external S-Booster power supplies. It seems to me for aesthetic  purposes these could be housed in a single chassis to match the server. I wonder if that may be a future upgrade? I believe we will hear something soon and I patiently await the reviews.

This is going to be a interesting yrar weare the new us importer of 432 Evo we started researching their compsany after hearing that the442Evo masterwad compared to the 40000 taiko extreme and was found to be in that same class but for less than half the taikos price

We also heard that many innous dealers were switching as wa well
So consideringwe are always tring to find the best ptoducts we agreeded to purchase onof each one of their servers snd became their us rep

Our samples are starting to arrive

Dave and troy
Audiointsellect Nj
Us importers 432 evo servers