ls FM radio even listenable any more?

Sam here and fm radio for me has been unlistenable since maybe 1995 

l found an independent radio station out of toronto canada that plays 24/7 1st press commercial free vinyl and the sound is outstanding vinyl voyage radio  http://www.vinylvoyageradio.com/p/schedule.html  monday is 24 hours of 80's
guitarsam
Exactly, and it all started in 1947 in Roswell, New Mexico.
Do you think Velcro was the only thing we got from that encounter? Nope, microwave oven technology and dynamic compressed music.

No where it all comes from? Beamed out of the sub level basement in the Pentagon, 1 floor above the nuclear reactor.

And who benefits? The pharmaceutical companies, and the government gets a nice docile public doped up on Prozac.

Yup, conspiracy fact.
88.5 jazz from Minneapolis and PBS 99.5 from St Paul are both superb.
Why I know not but jazz station is owned by Mpls. School Board .99.5 has over 90,000 recordings and is is 3rd highest feeder of classical music to other PBS stations .

Rock stations all stink , not surprising since they play rock .
https://radioparadise.com/ public radio streaming at Blue Book CD quality , I give them money every year along with my Qobuz subscription.  After I  play a few songs on Qobuz Roon Radio kicks in that is pretty good.  Can't imagine listening to FM radio in my house with all the commercial free high quality options available. I do listen in FM in the car but if I am in there for any period of time I use the radioparadise app and run it into the car radio.
girlfriends audi auto fires up the last music service you phone was on via bluetooth.
If you like Classical music, here in the Rust Belt Renaissance city of Dayton, OH, we have a fabulous Classical station network 88.1/89.9/89.1. Their on-air ID is "Discover Classical" (DiscoverClassical.org). They are music 24/7/365. And, they use no processing - no limiting or compression - on their air signal. Makes soft passages sometimes disappear at low volumes but otherwise, spectacular sound. I use a Denon TU-680NAB. Wonderful tuner! Denon marketed it to radio stations as an off-the-air monitor (a necessity for a U. S. radio station) back in the 1990's. Had it gone over a few years back. I sold my Magnum Dynalab "Etude" because I like the sound of the Denon better.
Also, for Jazz fans, Jazz24.org comes from KNKX in Tacoma. Great Jazz; very good DJ's; excellent sound. Secondarily for Jazz, I go to WZUM.org in Pittsburgh. A little more white bread Jazz but decent selection and sound; lots of hat tips to Pittsburgh's many native Jazz artists.
@millercarbon

" For me some posts are unreadable since maybe, well you get the idea."
                                                                                                -millercarbon

For me, some posts are unreadable since maybe... Well, you get the idea.             
I'm presently listening to WJFF 90.5 FM playing a set by Sonny Rollins. Exceptional!