Martin Logan Motion 60XT, best value ?

They seem to pack a lot of a speaker for the $...
Ribbon tweeter, nice aluminium 6.5in mid, 2 x 8 in woofers, polypropylene capacitors...

Who owns a pair ? And did some of you compare those with pricier speakers ?
techno_dude
There are quite a few that say that these are awful. A lot of them do so after hearing them at a HiFi store next to another brand like Monitor Audio. Powered by receivers.

These have 4-ohm nominal impedance but go down below 3 ohms. Use a suitable amp and see the improvement in sound.

I had them at home side-by-side with Monitor Audio Gold GX300 ($5,600) for two weeks. Both powered by a Parasound A21 amp. Used room correction on both sets of speakers. The ML60XT blew away the MA GX300. If I knew how to post a photo here, I’d post one of them side by side in my house.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/bUhcB8d68CYYRRh87

Didn’t work. Both the links in the post above this one were of the MA GX300. This one should be with the ML60XT.

YES YES YES...    I can't believe how well my Motion 60xl performs.  Every upgrade I have tried from amps, dacs and cables revealed the changes.   They are a true bargain!   When I demo speaker priced at $5K-15K USD , there have been only minor improvements and to me not worth the jump.   If you can buy the 60xt for the $2K pair clearance price do so. Otherwise, the new 60xti provides some improvements to the mid and bass but not by much.  

I have  ML 2s12s 20s 40 and 60xts as well as a bunch of other brands.

the 60xs require a beefy amp that can handle 2 ohm loads. the fancy smanshy yamaha top of the line reciever cant power them to satisfaction and lesser ones are not even worth listening to.

last night I went to a friends with 7 pairs of speakers set everything up and proved high end recievers are worthless unless it is a sunfire or similiar.

at an ultra high level I could yell and not be heard and the 60xt/sunfire was so clean you couldnt tell it was so loud until I started yelling and suddenly turned the sound down. we only tested recievers no seperate amp combos. the lesser MLs were not able to repeat the yell test. they were clean to a point but my friend could still hear me and did not have the depth or dynamic range the 60xts had.

a skeptic became a believer and after we used his reciever(s) a few times it was shut off and sat in the corner for the rest of the night. I left him with the 20s and a smaller sub until he can buy a pair for himself. he just bought a 9k snowbike and has to wait a  bit.
M