Audio Research Ref 6 SE

Hi , was told today that Audio Research Ref 6 SE is about to get released with first shipment scheduled by the end of December/ early January, if anyone has more information about specs please share , I emailed AR support waiting for response with details but they confirmed about Ref 6 SE release . I was about to purchase one so would be interested to see what got upgraded or how much will current Ref 6 will drop in price ..,
128x128datka3
After demoing a Ref 6 the past couple of weeks, I decided I have to have one, so I just put in my order for a new Ref 6 SE. I can’t wait! I’ll post my findings in a few weeks.
I just remember that from the REF 5 to REF 5SE, to me, it wasn't enough of a sonic improvement to "justify" me purchasing the REF 5SE from the REF 5.  

However, there was enough of an improvement (just enough) for me to justify going from a REF 3 (with new tubes) to a REF 5SE.  I've heard the REF 3 (with new tubes), and REF 5 and REF 5SE and a REF 6 all in the same system at the same time.  That was fun.

I ended up purchasing a REF 5SE first, with the theory that I was going to sell my REF 3 to help purchase the REF 5SE.  Well, my Friendly neighborhood Audio Research Dealer (Optimal Enchantment) let me hear a REF 6 at the same time.  So, I sold my REF 3, traded in the REF 5SE (and received 75% of MSR for it) and all that went towards the REF 6.

I've just never heard a REF 6SE yet.  Don't know if it is "that much" better than a REF 6 for me to come out of pocket for $3000 for the upgrade to a REF 6SE.  I'm pretty darn happy with my REF 6, so time will tell.  It would be great to "borrow" a REF 6SE and do an A/B listening comparison with the REF 6.

Also, just to be clear, Audio Research absolutely did not use "inferior" parts in previous Reference series products.  They used the best their Engineers came up with at that time.

enjoy
So, ... has anyone had a chance to compare the Ref 6 with the SE version.  Lots of crabbing above, but has anyone had a listen yet.

I am on the SE upgrade list.  Hoping to get my Ref 6 in late this month.

Thanks

BIF     
I picked up my new Ref 6 SE on Friday and after 50 hours it is starting to break in nicely, and I look forward to full break in after the advised 500 or so hours. I had a Ref 6 to demo about three months ago, so notwithstanding aural memory which can be short, the SE version comes across as having all the known great attributes of the older version while sounding more detailed, maybe a lot more detailed, plus cleaner with no veil whatsoever. All the music comes through in a most pleasing natural way. The tiniest nuances at the back of the orchestra come to light. To my ears, this is an absolutely spectacular preamp, definitely the best I've heard, and I'm saying that as I'm hearing the lower octaves start to flesh out more as the break in continues. I don't even want to mention the other brands I've had while raving about this one. I think ARC is delivering on what they've promised, in that the design and parts quality is so good now that we can really hear the magic of the all tube single gain stage. For perspective, I should mention some other parts of my system, which are important because they are particularly well matched to this preamp in terms of resolving power and being time and phase accurate, and not having global feedback just like the preamp: Vandersteen 5A Carbon speakers and M5-HPA amps, Audioquest William Tell Silver biwire cables, 3 feet long, and Audioquest Water balanced IC. In my opinion, the Ref 6 SE, while being expensive, is justified. I can't imagine what could be better.