Audio Research Ref 6 SE

Hi , was told today that Audio Research Ref 6 SE is about to get released with first shipment scheduled by the end of December/ early January, if anyone has more information about specs please share , I emailed AR support waiting for response with details but they confirmed about Ref 6 SE release . I was about to purchase one so would be interested to see what got upgraded or how much will current Ref 6 will drop in price ..,
128x128datka3
Got my REF6 back as a REF6SE last week.  Unfortunately, between the time I shipped it to them and when I got it back, there was a global pandemic (who saw that coming?  As a physician-scientist, I did.  Was bound to happen. TBH, this pandemic/virus is not even close to what I can imagine as a "worst-case scenario", we have an easy enemy-this time).

Anyway, the pandemic made my wonderful Manhattan apartment (17x24x11 listening room) no longer a good place to live, so my entire big system is in storage and I am staying at friends on Long Island, till I get vaccinated, or other preventative therapy.  Suffering through with a Roon Nucleus into KEF LS50W's, so don't need the preamp right now.
After demoing a Ref 6 the past couple of weeks, I decided I have to have one, so I just put in my order for a new Ref 6 SE. I can’t wait! I’ll post my findings in a few weeks.
I just remember that from the REF 5 to REF 5SE, to me, it wasn't enough of a sonic improvement to "justify" me purchasing the REF 5SE from the REF 5.  

However, there was enough of an improvement (just enough) for me to justify going from a REF 3 (with new tubes) to a REF 5SE.  I've heard the REF 3 (with new tubes), and REF 5 and REF 5SE and a REF 6 all in the same system at the same time.  That was fun.

I ended up purchasing a REF 5SE first, with the theory that I was going to sell my REF 3 to help purchase the REF 5SE.  Well, my Friendly neighborhood Audio Research Dealer (Optimal Enchantment) let me hear a REF 6 at the same time.  So, I sold my REF 3, traded in the REF 5SE (and received 75% of MSR for it) and all that went towards the REF 6.

I've just never heard a REF 6SE yet.  Don't know if it is "that much" better than a REF 6 for me to come out of pocket for $3000 for the upgrade to a REF 6SE.  I'm pretty darn happy with my REF 6, so time will tell.  It would be great to "borrow" a REF 6SE and do an A/B listening comparison with the REF 6.

Also, just to be clear, Audio Research absolutely did not use "inferior" parts in previous Reference series products.  They used the best their Engineers came up with at that time.

enjoy
So, ... has anyone had a chance to compare the Ref 6 with the SE version.  Lots of crabbing above, but has anyone had a listen yet.

I am on the SE upgrade list.  Hoping to get my Ref 6 in late this month.

Thanks

BIF