What's going on with Synergistic Research fuses?

I live in California and a couple of weeks ago we had strange lightning storms that started the many fires burning in the State.  It also fried the fuse in my Pass XA30.5.  I got the amp second hand and it came with a SR Blue fuse.  I called Pass and they recommended a very cheap fuse which I ordered and installed.  Because I was curious, I took the SR sticker off the old burnt out fuse and found that it was a very cheap SIBA brand fuse underneath.  It is clear that SR is either not making the ceramic casing for this fuse or using the SIBA fuse and then doing stuff to it.  At the very worst, it's just slapping a sticker on it and charging a ton more

The thing is, I'm pretty sure I could hear a difference for the worse when I installed the cheap glass fuse post lightning storm.  Could it be that SR is modifying an existing fuse to make it sound better?  Maybe some more technically minded folks here on the forum could help me understand

thanks!
adam8179
Post removed 
@three_easy_payments,

Condescending narcissism is what I've come to expect from @millercarbon, these days . His stock in trade...especially now that he's bucking hard for Geoff's old job. He may not be as smart, but he's made up for it with sheer abject character assassination before.  

It does make me shake my head though.
tvad

lightning storms are a once in a decade event where I live.  I feel comfortable with the protection afforded by my power conditioner.  This lightning storm was really something very strange.   Hopefully it will not become the "new normal"
Fuses don't act fast enough for surges, by the way.  That's not their purpose.  They are there to protect against shorts in the equipment, and as such they are kind of slow.

If a surge happened to blow a fuse, it already went through your gear, you are lucky to have it turn on after that.

Best,

E