Revel Salon2 vs Wilson Sasha

I'm interested in impressions from people who have auditioned both. Not really looking for what is 'better' (as it's all subjective anyway), but more for characteristics of each, where they are similar, where they differ, etc.
madfloyd
They are both very good they just have different sounds. I am not a fan of speakers that have more than one bass driver. At that price range I think the Avalon Eidolon is the most coherent and has the most correct bass. Avalons are extremely musical with all the information you can get with any speaker at just about any price. Most audio guys think that more is better. In the case for a single bass driver per speaker cabinet I like that you do not have bass drivers fighting each other. The timing is better. Case in point. It is very easy to find several people who have upgraded from the B&W 802Ns or 802Ds to the 801Ns or 801Ds and they will always say that the improvement is is huge using one bass driver over multiple drivers per enclosure. At that price you should listen to as many speakers as possible for as long as the dealer will let you and form your own opinion.
The Sasha's separate instruments much more and give much more air. They also have more energy and presence. Maybe not the most realistic sound compared to real live music, but thrillingly detailed and fun none the less.

The Salon 2's are very articulate and accurate with very good bass, but a bit boring IMO. Krell Evo amps mate well with the Salon 2's. Again IMO.
I heard both in the same room using the same front end equipment. The Salon II had very good bass and a big powerful sound. But they also sounded like a collection of drivers with little coherence, the soundstage was very flat, and the tweeters called attention to themselves. They also appeared to be more forward. After listening to only my first three audition songs, I didn't want to hear anymore from the Salons.

By comparison the Sashas were much more coherent, had better instrumental tone, and just drew me into the music.

Ian, knowing your struggles with your Sashas I would not suggest the Revels as a replacement.
Ian having read the comments so far, maybe it was a bad suggestion. I guess I was thinking of what I would look at in the range vs the Sasha which would be those along with Focal, Rockport and I've already expressed to you my growing obsession with TAD. Whatever you do, don't lose sight of the fact that this is supposed to be fun!
I have the Salon Ulitma 2 speakers driven by Esoteric K-01, REX preamp, Krell EVO-402e.
The speakers are the first I have heard that allow me to listen with complete pleasure at softer volume levels as well as play music at very realistic levels when called for (orchestra or choral music). They sound great with Jazz and Rock too, don't worry. I have no critical comments to offer as they just bring the music to life. If you are playing a bad recording, a bad mix, or a track with no real deep bass the speakers will reveal that. The give a very large sound stage, with no beaming or "you must site here to really enjoy the music" spots. I am listening in a 18x18 room with a 10 ft. ceiling. The room is very well damped.
I highly recommend them.

Additionally, they look gorgeous and fit in well with a furnished room.