Any high WAF speaker with ATC sound?

Hi everyone!

I bought my very first place, and need an upgrade, but there is a lack of dealers in MD.

Before I get started, I love the SCM20 sound, and I actually dont mind the way it looks. But I know for a fact it would not be able to fill up a large space. Therefore looking for a larger speaker. I was thinking of the SCM100, but they do not mate well to my modern furniture.

Now, I don't have a wife (thank God, I am only 25), but the place will be my personal bachelor pad, and i want it to look modern and clean. The living room is about 18x27. Speakers will be on the short wall. Budge is under 6K, I can stretch it a bit, but rather not. The lower the price the better, and used of course! Inefficient speakers are welcome!

THANKS!
kinn
Shelby+Kroll Nano Monitors with 2 Woffer Monitors. A great sounding sleek modern design, that can be custom colored to match your decore. I sold my Audio Note and Lowther system for this set up. You WILL be blown away by the sound. Everything in the website is true, no marketing BS. Check S+K out you'll be glad you did, I was. :-)
The S&K are wonderful but a rather different beast to the ATC 100 which you alluded to. A mere lamb versus a lion perhaps. Given your new larger room size and existing tastes I am not sure S&K would be at all suitable. (S&K nano's max peak output is a mere 104 db SPL and therefore a big step down from your existing SCM 20's which play continuously at close to 108 db SPL in your old small room)

Anyway you may have to wade through everyone's favorite speaker under 6 K listed here without respect to your "taste" or preferences.

I'd suggest to check out used bigger PMC speakers also...kind of an industrial look (with the Volts) but certainly a more modern appearance than ATC.
Stan: the kit does look interesting, and quite affordable. However, the last time I solder anything, I nearly destroy the entire speaker. Quite an experience!

Rodge, I will look into those monitors. They do look kind of cool, almost like a mini Kharma speaker.

Shardone: those barebones were actually on my list before I got my atc. I am wondering if their drivers are as robust as Atc for that price. However, I do have the audiophile curse, I love the sight of two big monoblocks!

As for the PMC, they are like a slightly warmer ATC, which is great. They look similiar, and the one that looks "industrial" are $$$

Have you heard the Revel Salon version 1? That is one great looking speaker, especially in silver.
There are a pair of PMC OB1's for sale on the forum. Not exactly high WAF but damn they sound good. And for ~$2350, they are a pretty good deal.
Proac D28, or the D38 if you want to spend more. Also Vandersteen Quattro, Vienna Acoustics, Maybe even Magnepan 1.7 in off white, also Martin Logan's are pretty cool looking.