Who puts their speakers right up against the back wall and why?

Aside from Klipsch corner speakers, who does this?
redwoodaudio
@boomerbillone Well said! When I look at pictures of people's HIGH END systems online, on Instagram, etc, 95% of them have speakers pushed up against walls, up in corners, sunk back in nooks on the wall, very close together... all kinds of stuff. Most people can't just put speakers in the middle of the floor and IMHO far more speaker designers ought to recognize that fact and design for it. I even spoke to a company that makes and sells direct to consumers and they basically told me they wouldn't send me their speaker when I explained the placement constraints imposed by my wife, my young child, and basic aesthetics.

Thankfully room correction is a valid option and on my integrated it made a HUGE difference, completely restoring imaging and soundstage.
Some speakers like the Larsens are made to be against the rear wall, they where design to work with the room and not against it. They sound amazingĀ 
The Crystal Cable Minissimo Diamonds were designed for close wall placement.

In theory, with EQ, you can at least correct for the bass boom, and lots of professional, powered speakers let you switch this correction in.