Integrated amp suggestions.

Downsizing from Mcintosh 601 mono blocks and MC. c52 preamp to integrated amp.
My speakers are Sonus Faber Nova 5 CD player is MC. 550. 
Music collection is all cd's, I'm not streaming at all.
I'm thinking maybe the Dan D'Agostino Progression integrated.
It sounded great with the same speakers I have, and a AR. CD player.
My local dealer is giving a very good trade in deal on the D'Agostino.
Any other suggestion would be appreciated.
128x1283952rsalmax
@russhealy 

primaluna redid their product naming - used to be prologue was entry level, dialogue higher line

now all evo, but 100-200-300-400

more or less 100-200 is renaming for prologue, 300-400 dialogue, then higher number in each is the old 'premium' sub-designation

pretty much same stuff underneath though (not that the stuff is bad... it's good)
Another vote for the Ayre AX-5/20. I have owned one for two years now and totally love it. It is dead quiet and very natural sounding.

I have also her the Vinnie Rossi and it is also fantastic. I would try to audition both.

I
I bought the Aesthetix Mimas and have been very pleased with the way they match my Vandersteen Treo CTs. Two tubes in the pre section, rated at 150 8 ohms, 300 4 ohms. I also got the optional DAC and phono modules. I like fewer wires! 
Gryphon Diablo 300 is pretty stellar and worth a listen if you have the opportunity. I was going to “upgrade” my Pass separates to the Diablo until I decided to splurge on Gryphon separates.

The descriptions of Ayre sound above are interesting and a little different from my experience - I find Ayre (at least their integrateds) very incisive and fast, but a bit lean and light in the bass, with a bit of highlighting to leading edges and the upper midrange that makes some things a bit pronounced. I suspect this might be due to the topologies they use that tend to have more 3rd harmonics in the THD. They are definitely quiet though and pull out a lot of detail without sounding bright - really good with warmer speakers like Sonus Faber and Vandersteen, not so much for, say, Magico or Focal IMO.
@taww

regarding ayre gear, i would agree that the sound signature is

- deep dark dark black background, from which detail emerges very naturally without a sense of brightness or emphasis
- not the last word in deep bass slam/extension, although it is very rhythmic and tuneful
- natural, nuanced, even a little warm midrange... not a fat midrange, but to my ears it is not lean (like alot of other solid state), exceptional smooth, but without loss of tonality
- very good speed and flow to the music, well timed and once again, just natural sounding, easeful without seeming at all lazy
- outstanding spatial capabilities - deep wide layered... i think this is one ayre’s great strengths

agree that matching with speakers and ancillaries key (as is always the case) - but it is special, outstanding gear

cheers