Decoupling Speakers

Next week, I plan to experiment with decoupling my speakers, which sit over a carpeted floor, over a concrete slab, over sandy soil.  The speakers are Aerial LR5s (105 pounds each), that are secured (bolted) to heavy (70 pounds each), steel, sand-filled, Sound Anchor Signature stands, which are currently coupled to the concrete floor using SA’s spikes.  I do not want to decouple the speaker cabinets from the stands since the stands act as outriggers for additional stability.  Plus, I believe the weight of the sand filled stands will help resist woofer movements and provide damping.  Therefore, my plan is to decouple the stands from the concrete floor.  Obviously, whatever I use will sit directly on the carpet.

I have sets of Herbie’s Giant Fat Gliders on the way but I would also be interested to hear from any who have heard the A/V Roomservice EVP vibration isolation pads used in a similar configuration to decouple speakers.  Below is a link to a discussion On the EVPs vs. Herbie’s but the comparison was to Tenderfeet, which I would not expect to perform anywhere near as well as the large DB Neutralizer pads in the Giant Fat Gliders.  I would like to compare the gliders with the EVP pads but the large pads I need would be $105 each x 8.  I know many like ISO Acoustics Gaia products but I want to keep a low profile under the SA stands so I have ruled those out, at least for now.

https://www.audioshark.org/vibration-isolation-devices-26/data-analysis-v-roomservice-evp-vibration-isolation-pad-17886.html

mitch2
Post removed 
@steakster I do not doubt you or @avanti1960 that decoupling the speakers from the stands may indeed be the best sounding approach but I keep envisioning a105 pound speaker being inadvertently knocked off its stand!

BTW, have any of you considered the AV RoomService EVPs may be made from Owens Corning 703 (for the medium) and 705 (for the hard)?  I am considering a little DIY.
I use the GAIA II footers with the carpet spikes which are a cup the footers fit in with points to grab the carpet for my 110 pound speakers.  It made a huge difference compared to just using the stainless spikes that came with the speakers. 
I have 88 lbs monitors sitting on four legs of an open-topped stand.  Each wooden leg is 1 3/4" x 1 3/4".  After reading up extensively on the huge variety of different "interfaces" one could insert between the bottom of the speaker and the legs, I ended up with a reasonably thick layer of cork, the exact size of the top of the leg, with the less "slippy" side facing up, and the bottom side carpet-taped to keep it in place.
Ok, back from Montana and found a pile of springs, cups, and Herbie's products in my mailbox. 

I decoupled my speakers yesterday, first by putting the springs and cups under the stands.  The rubber furniture leg cups I ordered worked perfectly with the springs as the inside diameter of the cups is just slightly larger than the springs and putting the cups up against the bottoms of the speaker stands created friction that did not allow the tops of the springs to slide against the stands.  I got it all set up and the springs seemed to be within their optimal range (around half-way compressed) but the end result was weird after going from a rock-hard coupling using spikes - where nothing was able to move at all to a springy support that almost allowed the speakers sway.  While springs are working well under my amps, which are much wider than tall, under the somewhat top-heavy speaker/stand set-up,  the springs allowed a more bouncy support which I perceived as potentially unstable if they were bumped into.  Therefore, although the springs I have under my amps are sized appropriately, I didn't really give the spring set-up a chance (at least for now) under my speakers and instead moved on to the Herbie's solution.

I replaced the springs with Herbie's Giant Fat Gliders under the four corners of the stands.  After letting them settle in on the carpet overnight, the support is much more stable than with the springs.  There is only a very small amount of movement caused by pushing on the speakers (compared to having them spiked), which may be in part caused by having the Giant Fat Gliders sitting on the carpeting.  Therefore, I am much more comfortable with the Herbie's Gliders than with springs from the standpoint of stability.  I need to give them some playing time before I report back on the sound decoupled vs. spiked.