Considering the New Tekton Design Encores? AND Owners Group - Experiences/Questions

I am the very happy owner of the first pair of New Tekton Design Encores and I thought I would create this thread to answer any questions anyone might have regarding the Encore speakers, room considerations, and associated equipment. If you’ve order your pair already, please chime in. I really want to hear what other people’s experience are with these unbelievable speakers.

I drive my Encores with both an Art Audio Diavolo SET 300b Tube Amplifier with 8wpc and I switch in my 700w Nord One-Up SE Monoblocks for non-critical listening and some big pieces of music that benefit from the extra power.

• Made under U.S. Patent 9247339 with multiple new patents pending
  • Proprietary loudspeaker design
  • Ultra-linear frequency response with ±.5dB deviation from 70Hz-20kHz
  • One single crossover element placed within the tweeter path
  • Ultra-linear, entirely time-invariant minimum-phase mid-range section
  • Proprietary patent pending 15 dome radiating hybrid MTM high frequency array
  • Two 6.5" mid-bass patented ’overtone & harmonic’ transducers
  • Dual 11" low-frequency transducers
  • ​96dB 2.83V@1m sensitivity
  • 4 Ohm design for optimum performance
  • 20Hz-30kHz frequency response​
  • Dimensions Width 13.25" x Depth 15.25" x Height 62"
  • 800 Watt power handling
  • Weight 175 lbs​
128x128jcarcopo
viber6,Unfortunately, my hearing loss is worse than just normal hearing loss due to aging.  Almost 10 years ago when I went to an audiologist to get my hearing checked), the tests revealed that I have accelerated high frequency hearing loss starting at about 6000 HZ and with an accelerating decline for higher frequencies.  I still am waiting for a good audiophile headphone solution which can boost selectively boost the high frequencies but leave other frequencies as-is!
As to your specific question, I'm afraid I reproduced as best as I could remember Eric's specific words and don't know much more than that.  He didn't describe/contrast the speakers by referencing frequencies.  He  drew a parallel between the Encores and the SEAS Pendragons which I already have and like very much.  I am guessing he was saying the Moabs were like the live sound of the non-SEAS Pendragons, but since I haven't heard the Encores, non-SEAS Pendragons, or the Moabs, any such comparisons would basically be meaningless to me.  I can say that the SEAS Pendragons have a more full-bodied sound than the Monitor Audio speakers that I was coming from--when I had better hearing, I recall that those speakers had a more delicate high frequency sound than the SEAS Pendragons, but with my hearing loss, they sound more lifeless than the SEAS Pendragons, which have a better mid-rage, bass, and have a more coherent sound.  Since I was leaning towards the Encores anyway due to their smaller size, that was enough for me to take the plunge.

My wife thinks I am crazy to spend $7,000 on the Encores without ever hearing them in person, but I wanted to experience a flagship speaker before my deteriorating hearing was at a point where I could no longer tell the difference.
I hope it works out and your wife comes around after you receive The Encores.Maybe even smile,nod her head let you know what a Mad Genius you are for ordering them
@jsoku I'm very sorry about your hearing loss buddy. This is something I worry about as I get older. I am very happy though you are getting the Encores. You are not crazy.  The very best stuff is in the midrange my friend. There's few if any speakers with a better midrange in my opinion. I can't wait until you get them bud! :-)

If any you guys haven't already found the Tekton Design Speakers Worldwide Owners Group on Facebook we have over 1000 members and it's a very friendly group, at least we try to keep it that way. Feel free to join us there for chat, questions, or just to post system picts if you want. I posted a link below. Hopefully it works.  Make sure to answer the question, especially the Rules. This filters out fake accounts. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/135142323767796/672203223395034/?comment_id=672254006723289&notif_id=1597954035454151&notif_t=group_comment&ref=notif
Thanks!  I did join the group a few weeks ago.  Useful--someone just posted answering a question in my mind that I had not asked (whether the Schiit Aegirs in monoblock mode would have any problems with the Encores--his experience so far was that they work with no problems--still trying to decide whether to go with Aegir or buy up to XA25--I know where you come out on that question :) ). 

I agree with you on the midrange--I think that's why I like the SEAS Pendragon's so much--very nice integrated midrange and bass, I lose some of the detail in the highs relative to my prior speakers, but since I can't fully hear the highs anyway, not surprising that the SEAS Pendragons come on top for me.  I find speakers and headphones that have a highly detailed top end (e.g, my Monitor Audios and Focal Utopia headphones) to be thin and fatiguing now--probably related to my hearing loss.

I thought the poster also stated that a new change on all Encores going forward is that they won't be ported anymore.  That's interesting--I wonder how that changes the sounds--tighter bass perhaps?
@jsoku I’m not sure if it’s sonically advantageous to front port the midbass drivers or not. I guess there’s pros and cons to both approaches and Eric determined it’s better sonically without the front ports now. Maybe he’s altered the crossover too.