RME ADI-2 DAC FS is it "All That", especially for under $2,000?

I am upgrading my main system with a Mark Levinson No 532H and pair of Tekton MOABs, arriving in the next few weeks. I decided my Music Hall 25.3 DAC should probably be upgraded as well, I have a PS Audio preamp I was planning on still using.

I am getting a lot of recommendations for the RME ADI-2 DAC FS, and some are saying replace my PS Audio preamp with it also. Pretty much every review or even mention of it I can find, comes with descriptions like "End Game product regardless of price" and "State of the art".

Thoughts?
Thanks.
128x128brad1138
I use it almost exclusively from the remote for power and volume.   Its a mechanical push button, it does not power up with switched AC.    
Its a great DAC,  I was listening to Hi Res files on Qobuz via my computers USB and could not believe how great it sounds.

First DAC that I have had that recognized any and every USB source connected , phone, tablets . PC.... all work plug and play flawlessly without having to install drivers
I have been using the RME for a while now, fantastic DAC. I am temporarily switching to using its RCA out, until a new XLR preamp arrives. I have found I like the Axiom II Walker Mod pre from my 2nd system a lot better than the PS Audio I was using, but it is RCA. I have an XLR version on order. Should I mess with the output settings? I had been using +1 DBu w/XLR out on someones recommendation.