I think some cables are just a little too expensive.

A while back a shop I did business with carried Transparent Audio Cables. They were so expensive it was obscene. They did sound good, but you had to move up from the bottom to the more idiotically pricey models to start to feel the magic. It had been several years ago and I wanted to check in on my old friends at Transparent Audio. This is their top of the line speaker cable. Now if you don't have a problem with this whole cable thing, this might push you over the edge. I can't imagine a speaker that would need such a cable. Wilson? Rockport? What amp? You can buy a nice luxury vehicle for the same price as a pair of speaker cables? Nelson Pass would be embarrassed to see these monstrosities on one of his amplifiers.

https://www.transparentcable.com/collections/magnum-opus/products/magnum-opus-speaker-cable
128x128chrismini
are you saying Transparent is lying about the network being Carbon Fiber?
No, I'm saying "That's about $6 worth of laminate print over ABS to emulate carbon fiber."   You know ... like the CF laminate parts you can buy for automotive trim for $20 to make things look expensive.
Post removed 
The network is made of carbon fiber. Go look at one in person and try to peel the laminate off? LOL...
You have obviously never seen one in person.
@mikelavigne 

Thanks for throwing some perspective.  I fantasize about owning certain gear I will never own, usually pre-amps and DACs.  I will reserve some dream-time for cables.
oldhvymec

"Allow"? It wasn’t allowed in the 1950s. We had a 90% tax rate, ... and we had David Hafler. The Dyna Stereo-70 amplifier was launched in 1959, and more than 350,000 sold before production ceased, making the ST-70 the most popular tube power amplifier in history. Today, the Dynaco ST-70 is still considered to be one of the most outstanding tube amplifiers ever made.