Musical Fidelity Trivista 300

Dear Audiogoners,

I have purchased the above amp from Audio5.1 in Alberta, Canada, when the unit arrived, the volume knob and shaft was bent. We believe that the shipping company must have jotsled it quite a bit in order for the knob to come off. Anyhow, the only service center I can find is in North Carolina. And I live in New Jersey. Is there anybody out there that knows a shop in the New Jersey or New York area that can do the repair. I was told that a new volume control console have to be replaced. Thank you for your responses in advance.
proac1
Hi everyone. Just joined, first post.

I am having an issue with the input selector that sounds similar to what bradpaton noted above ~ the selector not 'clicking' into an input. Beyond that it will regularly click out / click back into an input while listening to music.  A slight touch of the input selector and it will reconnect to the source, so it seems like the contact is just getting dodgy.    

Anyone else have this issue and care to share how you resolved it?  I tried searching the forum and this is the only thread that came up.  Thanks! 
sdais:   I did take my tri-vista to parts connexsion  in Burlington Ontario  and they "cleaned" the input selector and that seemed to make things better for about a year or two.  Now  it is back to  having a mind of its own and  clicking out  CD  while I am  listening. 
My Tri-Vista input selector dial IS a little ’sensitive’, ie. especially wants to ’dance’ a little when first powering up. But it stays on the selection during use. I really enjoy the sound though, especially after finding some tweaks - upgraded fuses, upgraded cables from power supply to main unit, silver power cord, etc. Thinking about changing out the short 6" RCA cable(s) on the inside of the unit connecting the pre-amp side to power amp/output.