Proteus compared to MSL ultra eminent ex

Hi Everyone,

Hoping to find some folks who have experience with both of these cartridges. I already have a Proteus, which I love. I have another, different, excellent cartridge with which I'm having some problems, and I am looking for a low internal impedance (<5 ohm) reasonable output cartridge (> .2-.3 mV) to replace it. As low noise as possible. I am just wondering whether the ultra eminent EX from my sonic labs would sound very similar to the Proteus that I already have. If so, I would probably consider getting something with a slightly different sonic signature. Thanks in advance for your opinions.
arsh
Speaking of the Proteus, what’s happened to TransfIguration the brand in the US?
I've read reports that Transfiguration has folded, so the Proteus is now out of production. But it seems there's still some stock floating about, so grab em while you can!

Yes, the company has folded. 

Arsh, I think edgewear was on to something with the A95. The Windfeld Ti is the A95 in a body. It has a 7 ohm impedance and 0.2 mv output.
This is a great cartridge. It is a fine tracker and is as neutral as they get.
Now, if you really want mid bass slam and snare drums that snap get a Clearaudio Charisma V2. I have never heard a moving coil cartridge punch the way this thing does. I listened to the Chilli Peppers Blood Sugar Sex Magik  last night. Flea's bass jumped out of the speakers. 
It tracks like a bandit. It has exactly the same stylus and cantilever as the Goldfinger. I had not purchased a MM cartridge since the late 70's. After reading some reviews I got a wild hair and bought one. Comparing it to the Windfeld Ti, the Windfeld has less punch and is more neutral where I think the Charisma is a little more tilted towards the bass. Both are very quiet trackers. Both have perfectly aligned cantilevers and beautifully mounted diamonds. I get the feeling that the Windfeld has darker backgrounds and perhaps it is a little more detailed but the real eye opener is the dynamics of the Charisma. Some of this may be due to the phono amp. Very quiet phono amps with more gain may bring out dynamics in moving coils better. All this is no reflection on the Windfeld Ti. It is just that the Charisma is that good. If Rock and Roll is your thing this is your cartridge. 
My Sonic Labs makes an excellent cartridge. I have heard the Signature Platinum through a CH Precision Phono amp through a set of medium sized Wilson's (don't remember the model.) and it was beautiful. I would not pay that much for it. The only $10,000 cartridge I would go for would be the Lyra Atlas. The Ultra Eminent Ex is a similar design with an even lower impedance and different body material. It has to be a better value. It is just about the same price as the Windfeld Ti. 

Some day some smart wealthy audiophile is going to buy one of every cartridge out there and rent them for a week at a time. When you return it safely your card gets refunded. If you buy the cartridge the rental fee is deducted.  Elusive Disc and Music Direct should start offering such a service. I would use it in a heartbeat.
I always go by a guideline that says to buy the second costliest version of any line of similar product from any one company.  The second costliest is usually quite a bit less expensive than the top of the line and usually has all of its major features, minus a cosmetic doodad here or there.
I would wager that Transfig will re-emerge under a different name, or it already has done so.  If you take the long view of Japanese phono cartridge development, this happens all the time.  Anyway, I hope the brand does make a comeback, even under another name, because I agree they made some fine stuff.
Thanks miljostyn. Really appreciate your perspective. I have never heard a clear audio cartridge or the Winfeld. I think seven ohm internal impedance is probably higher than I want if I do wind up changing the cartridge. From my reading, it seems like the my sonic labs or the air tight cartridges are among the best options for very low internal impedance with a reasonable output.