PS Direct Stream Vs. Lumin X 1 Sound quality difference?

I think I'm going to purchase a Lumin X-1 and sell my PS Direct Steam Dac.
Can anyone share their experience with these 2 products, particularly in sound quality?

ozzy
128x128ozzy
three_easy_payments,

Yes, I am using the Stillpoints Ultra SS under the X1. I just tried it without the Stillpoints and I prefer it with the Stillpoints. The SS provide a more focused image in the soundstage.

BTW, the sharpness has disappeared quite a few hundred hours ago. Sounds really good to me.

ozzy
My X1 took well over a month even to start sounding good, and really 2-3 months before becoming exceptional. I have had it now for about 9 months and, seriously, I'm sure it is still improving. I've never before experienced such a dramatic change from running in of any component I have had, and over such a long time. After the first month I still wanted to sell it, and now I cannot imagine how a digital component could sound better.

I tried the isoacoustic footers with my X1 and I also found that it made the sound worse - sucked out the bass and lower midrange and made it sound thin. I just leave it with the stock footers.

I also prefer the ethernet input to the fibre optic cable, which I find a little artificial sounding. I use an Uptone etherRegen with a DH Labs ethernet cable which I found did make an improvement. And I also prefer native file resolution - no upsampling.

Charlie Watts on Get Yer Ya Ya’s Out- "Sympathy For Devil" is just insane!!! Love this version. His drumming, especially after Mick stops singing is sublime...

My hats off to all that contributed to this great thread.

I am contemplating a couple of upgrade options:

1) Lumin X1 stand-alone streamer/DAC 

2) Lumin U1 streamer and an Audio Mirror Trubadour SE III tube DAC.
I also prefer the ethernet input to the fibre optic cable, which I find a little artificial sounding. I use an Uptone etherRegen with a DH Labs ethernet cable which I found did make an improvement. And I also prefer native file resolution - no upsampling

I have a similar setup, I have an ER before the X1 too.
What kind of SFP’s did you try?

First I had Planet single mode SFP modules in them and that was really worse than the Ethernet from the B-side of the ER. After that I tried StarTech multi mode SFP’s recommended by Peter Lie from Lumin, and that sounds even better than the LAN from the ER...it’s hard to believe but these modules really sound different.
BTW, it is very promising that it is still improving after 9 month, mine is about 1 month old now.