CHANDOS label...

Classical music listeners, what do you think of the CHANDOS label?  The recorded sound seems to be very good, compared to other labels.  What do they do differently?  Thanks for your thoughts.

128x128mikeydee
I would agree that I have some very nice recordings on that label.  Wish I could tell you specifically what accounts for this.  I can say I have some labels that have a higher percentage of what I consider excellent recordings when it comes to SQ.  But there are too many variables to generalize here.  The talent of the recording engineers, the venue, the mics and associated recording gear, the final mix all play into the final product.  Heck, I even have boxed sets with the same group in the same venue all recorded over a small span of time, and some of those recordings are reference quality, others very good.  Go figure.
Agree, one of the better labels, and often Jarvi conducting.
There are other labels and exceptions in Chandos of course.
I think the Chandos' catalog is the best reason for their existence. They have recorded a lot of music that is overlooked by other major labels and is worth exploring. SQ and performances are good to excellent (like other most other labels).