budget speakers for Musical Fidelity A300 ?

Hi guys... I am a newbie about to dive into the world of hi-fi.
Which speakers could I happily marry with a musical fidelity A300 ? (150 wpc). I am on a tight budget, looking to stay under $600 a pair. My music is extremely eclectic from electronic to jazz, rock, classical, spoken word so I am looking for something pretty neutral. It is too early for me to be able to express a particular taste...

My space dimension-wise is on the threshold between bookshelf/tower speakers so both could be appropriate, and I do not expect to use all the amp's power before moving to a larger place.
Thanks for your help!
nicolasm
The Magnepan MMGs get rave reviews from everyone. Also, the Paradigm Studio 40s are very well thought of and might be in your price range if purchased used...The PSB line also gets high marks from all reviewers. Again, look for used here on Audiogon.

Here are some Studio 80s for a good price. I had these speakers and enjoyed them very much:

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrmoni&1309271451&/Paradigm-Studio-80-v2-Well-car

Here's a guy offering Studio 60s for $750 and he'll throw in a VERY nice Paradigm Center speaker. This is a smokin' deal:

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1307154844&/Paradigm-Studio-60-V.3-Pair-of

I realize that these are a bit above your price range, but it would be well worth it to you to stretch that figure just a bit, you'll get a whole lot more speaker...

-RW-
Thank you for all the tips! Very helpful. I am certainly looking at buying used to get something nicer. Not planning to run subs or center speakers.
I have not found leads for Vandersteens 1c's yet but there are several 2c's here at possible prices (not sure of the version differences, 2ci vs 2ce). I will dig into learning more about monitors also.
Is it ok to run speakers rated for 80W (1c's) through the 150W amp if I never go past 50 percent volume ? :)
I'll second the Maggie MMG speakers. You see them in the classifieds for around $400 and sound terrific for the money.