Benchmark DAC-1 on a Sony DVP S9000ES??

Would adding a DAC-1 to my Sony DVP-S9000ES give me a much improved redbook sound while still giving me SACD & DVD capability on the Sony outputs? I know I can order one and find out myself, but I was hoping this was already tried and could get some opinions.

Thanks
koestner
As a Chord DAC-64-owner, I have compared it to the Benchmark. The Chord clearly is better, especially in the bass area. However, at 3100 dollars, it should be better. If you can find a used DAC64, it would certainly get your system to another level - unless you want to use the Dac as a preamp, too, which you can do only with the Benchmark or the Grace M902, not with the Chord.
i was using a cal audio tube dac with my 9000es for a couple of years. it made a big difference in redbook playback. harshness was gone and it was just more full sounding. (i also did some tube rolling to tailor the sound). i recently demo'd a new manley dac which was nice but had some annoying clicking each time it read the disc. after trying out a few more dacs, i ended up buying an older audio research dac that cost $3500 when new. big improvement over the other dacs i demo'd. i liked this dac over some of the newer 24/192 dacs that i listened to.